Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Intranet Application
Intranet Application [message #420] Thu, 23 November 2006 16:49 Go to previous message
Kiple is currently offline  Kiple
Hi,

I've been following this framework development for a while now and have found a project that should let me get my teeth into it. I've got to put together a proposal to pull a number of ad-hoc databases and spreadsheet together into an intranet. The business object, transaction patterns and workflow of radicore should be a good solution for this. But I hit a few minor issues that I have ways round but I'm open to suggestions.

The key issue is that the intranet also has to display more general HTML content perhaps without login. So my view on the challenges

a) We want a two column look for the site. That means that the .xsl files need to be changed for all the transaction patterns. Since you can't dynamically include xls based upon an XML node, I rearrange each transaction pattern xsl to be a template called component and include a single "layout.xls" that implement the root transformation. This lets me put the radicore output in any div on the page.

b) We need a content business object that can hold HTML in its fields. There would a problem passing the HTML thru XML and XSL processes. I could add another subtype to string columns in 'dict' of HTML, and use a create_cdata_section and disable-output-escaping to get it thru XML & XSL.

c) The access controls based upon roles and mnu_task are a little too fine grained for a content object. Potientially there will be lots of mnu_tasks pointing at different content objects to go in the menu. I was going to exterd the "role-task" of the access control to "role-task-access". Allowing the setup of permission like "guests" can "view" "public" level content, "editors" can "edit" "public" content and view editor content. Two more tables and a new transaction pattern.I think.

d) Finally the one I'm finding the hardest, creating a Guest user that is automatically logged in. I am working in init_session. I can force new session to be user=guest role=public but I am concerned that I can't set up correct task history into the session to stop it redirectly to a login screen.

Any advice very gratfully recieved Wink

Regards

Kiple

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: list2 not respecting list1 key
Next Topic: Use of $this->skip_validation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 07:33:07 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01329 seconds