Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Workflow » Introduction to Workflow within Radicore
Re: Introduction to Workflow within Radicore [message #688 is a reply to message #184] Sun, 18 March 2007 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
braingeyser is currently offline  braingeyser

Is there somewhere I can see the petri-net diagrams for the example application workflow systems. It would help me to understand how to go from a diagram to an implementation.

I've only just discovered how useful this workflow system actually is, and then only by accident. I was playing around with the example app and forgot to add an address for a new person. Lo and behold, a message suddenly appears (as well as a lightbulb switching on above my head) on the home page reminding me to do it and providing me with a link to facilitate it.

"WTF!!" I thought. "How cool is THAT !!". After about 3 nanoseconds of further thought, I realised it must be that "workflow thingy" I had completely ignored until now. I had presumed you'd use it for long, drawn-out complex processes involving many steps and conditions. Since I currently had no use for that in the app I'm building at the moment (my first one using radicore) I decided I didn't need it right now. At the same time I was wondering how I'm going to make this app more bullet-proof for the bloke I'm making it for, who's not quite as computer literate as I'd like (this is where the lightbulb comes in).

What a totally marvelous concept. Its good to finally find a real world use for some of the interesting-but-what-good-is-it-really stuff I learned at uni. Smile

รข

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How to fix?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 10 02:28:55 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01046 seconds