Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Access non key data from parent table
Re: Access non key data from parent table [message #1633 is a reply to message #1587] Thu, 11 September 2008 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gpatti is currently offline  gpatti
I've come bacjk to this topic because I coded in a quick & dirty way and want to come back and fix this now.

I've tried using the _cm_getPkeyNames() method as you suggested but without success. I actually think the method is not being called for my transaction.

I'm running a list2 transaction and am listing rows from an inner table based on a row selected from the parent table. I then have a task button for an ADD4 transaction based on the inner table (I want to add a multiple number of rows to this table).

However, in order to select correct data to use in the addmultiple I need an item of data from the previously selected parent row. I can access the primary key in $fieldarray, but the additional field I added in _cm_getPkeyNames() is not there. I've tried inserting the _cm_getPkeyNames() in the class of the child table and of the parent table. When debugging I see the code executed correctly during the building of the list2 data, but it doesn't seem to get passed to the ADD4 transaction.

I can't figure out where I am going wrong and your insight usually gets me straight to the correct solution. Here's hoping again!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Display combined fields on Output3 report
Next Topic: Using UPD4 to process emails