Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » New Install Logon Failure
Re: New Install Logon Failure [message #459 is a reply to message #458] Wed, 13 December 2006 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
I have found a difference in behaviour when running with my debugger turned ON or OFF. I corrupted my user name to force an error and I got the same message as you did. Then I turned my debugger ON to trap the error and guess what - no error! WTF!

After a bit of trial and error I discovered that when my custom error handler is activated the $errcontext argument has different contents depending whether debug is on or off, so $errcontext['this'] is missing, which indicates that the error was triggered from an object and not a function. I then try to save the error message in this object so that I can retrieve it later.

I have managed to solve this particular problem by saving the error message in a static variable instead. See attached error.inc file for details.

You should then see a proper error message which tells you why the connection to the database failed.
  • Attachment: error.inc
    (Size: 10.28KB, Downloaded 1048 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message