Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Application Development » ERROR in character encoding
ERROR in character encoding [message #7132] Wed, 02 May 2018 18:08 Go to next message
edortizq is currently offline  edortizq
Messages: 81
Registered: August 2008
Location: Ecuador
Member

Please see an attached file with an error using ADD1 transaction, it happens when I try to send an error message using this->error
This is my validation code:

function _cm_validateInsert ($rowdata)
// Valida el datos del registro
{
$cedrucpas = $rowdata['cedularucpas'];
if (!$this->validarCedula($cedrucpas)) {
$this->errors['cedularucpas'] = getLanguageText('e0001');
}
return $rowdata;
} // _cm_validateInsert

The attached shows the Radicore Application Error

Any ideas why it happens? Please your help!

[Updated on: Sat, 05 May 2018 12:20] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: ERROR in character encoding [message #7133 is a reply to message #7132] Wed, 02 May 2018 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
edortizq is currently offline  edortizq
Messages: 81
Registered: August 2008
Location: Ecuador
Member

I found the error, I was using an spanish character (é) on language_text.inc file.
Thanks anyway!

[Updated on: Sat, 05 May 2018 12:19] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: ERROR in character encoding [message #7137 is a reply to message #7133] Thu, 03 May 2018 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Messages: 2105
Registered: April 2006
Location: Surrey, UK
Senior Member
That is strange as the framework is supposed to accept UTF-8 characters the language.txt files. I shall investigate.

[Updated on: Sat, 05 May 2018 12:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ERROR in character encoding [message #7139 is a reply to message #7137] Sat, 05 May 2018 12:17 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Messages: 2105
Registered: April 2006
Location: Surrey, UK
Senior Member
I have investigated this problem, and I can confirm that UTF8 characters in any of the language_text.inc files will be displayed properly provided that you save the file as UTF8 and not ASCII or something like Windows 1252.

I have tested this by putting some UTF8 characters into one of my standard text files, then loading that message into the screen. The attached screen shot shows the difference between saving the file as UTF8 and non-UTF8.


[Updated on: Sat, 05 May 2018 12:18]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: ERD for xample
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Jan 23 05:29:57 EST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02895 seconds