Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » General installation problem (Unknown error, can't find way to figure it out, sorry for i'm rather a novice)
General installation problem [message #7193] Tue, 07 August 2018 15:59 Go to next message
Ellie is currently offline  Ellie
Hi there! Weird enough but cannot succeed installing radicore on local machine.
Lubuntu 16.04, LAMP-stack:php7.1.20 and mariadb 10.3. Radicore framework latest from Aug 01 2018.
I did everything carefully (i believe)as described in installation.html file.
PhpMyAdmin: Created databases, via import *-schema.sql and *-data files including subsystem.menu_export, subsystem.dict_export (for menu & dict databases accordingly) for prototype subsystems, plus mnu-user.sql import.

Created (PhpMyAdmin) user 'rdc_user' for accessing all needed databases and amended config.inc accordingly (but i doubt it a bit now - may be there's the point of mess).
Amended .htaccess to point out location for includes.
Entire radicore directory (includes dir. too) been given 775 chmod (permissions).

Yet it won't go installing,
cry out for help ! Smile

localhost/radicore/menu/logon.php?csxslt=off spits out this:
(attached error_output.pdf & config.inc modified lines 60-71, please webDev folks see to it, need your help)
Re: General installation problem [message #7194 is a reply to message #7193] Wed, 08 August 2018 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
The error message says:

UncaughtexceptionfromParseError,message =syntax error,unexpected'}',expecting endoffile, code=0, file=/var/www/html/rdc_includes/std.table.class.inc,line=113 03

This points to a mismatch in the number of '{' and '}' in file std.table.class.inc where line 11303 is the last line. There is no such error in my version, so I can only assume that your version has somehow got corrupted. I suggest that you either re-extract it from the zip file, or re-download the zip file and try again.

There is also a second error:

Warning: error_log(/var/www/html/demo/error_logs/errorlog.html): failed to open stream:
No such file or directory in /var/www/html/rdc_includes/error.inc on line 328

Does that file exist? Does that directory exist? Do they both have the correct permissions?

Re: General installation problem [message #7196 is a reply to message #7194] Thu, 09 August 2018 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So i redownloaded (now in different browser) radicore v 2.10.0, re-extracted contents and rechecked framework directory ownership | permissions including 'includes' folder (which i tried both, keeping inside 'radicore' and outside it - within /var/www/html dir.
Errors persist.
I wonder if /var/www/html/demo/error_logs/errorlog.html really should exist somehow (as Warning says), actually this directory/file exists within my /var/www/html/radicore (installation root) folder.
Something defenitely to be amended - but i'm not much an expert to know what exactly, please give some clue )).
And generally has anybody used radicore (latest) with ubuntu/lubuntu, LAMP-stack with php7.1 (there's includes/std.singleton.php5.inc file confuses me - if it about sort of php version restrictions) ?
Sorry for too many questions, i'm just trying to consider every possible stumbling point
Re: General installation problem [message #7197 is a reply to message #7196] Fri, 10 August 2018 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's very strange. I have just checked the zip file and it does indeed contain a bad version of that file. I have corrected this and uploaded a new version of the zip file. I also attach a copy of this updated file so that you don't have to download the whole thing again.

Yes, you might need to create errorlog.html as an empty file so that the framework has something to update. I don't understand why it does not create this file automatically.

The file std.singleton.php5.inc does not indicate that the framework can only work with PHP5. I started with PHP4, and had to make some changes to also support both PHP4 and PHP5. Then when PHP7 came along I had to make so many changes that I could no longer support PHP4. This is explained in http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/support-for-php4-and-ph p7.html

Re: General installation problem [message #7198 is a reply to message #7197] Fri, 10 August 2018 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, let me try out this file, thanx in advance.
But i want to make my point clear:
'Warning: error_log(/var/www/html/demo/error_logs/errorlog.html): failed to open stream'
- to me weird is 'demo' folder (which i don't have and it is somehow assumed to be located outside framework root - which is 'radicore').
Whereas 'radicore' directory really has 'error_logs/errorlog.html',
and that's where installation script loses its way Smile.
But let me first re-try this with your amendments made, thank you!
Re: General installation problem [message #7199 is a reply to message #7198] Fri, 10 August 2018 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it is trying to use /demo/error_logs/errorlog.html as the log file then it is because of the setting for ERROR_LOG_DIR in your config.inc file.

Re: General installation problem [message #7200 is a reply to message #7199] Fri, 10 August 2018 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now it says:
Fatal Error: MySQL: Access denied for user 'rdc_user'@'localhost' to database 'demo_audit' (# 1044)

Error in line 102 of file '/var/www/html/rdc_includes/includes/dml.mysqli.class.inc'.

I know there's 'audit' database mentioned in documentation - which exists - but i've never encountered demo_* names mentioned there.

And just one more dummy question - accept my apologies - regarding database quirks (part of latest error output):
'Client Version: mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev blah-blah, Character sets - client: utf8, - connection: utf8, - database: utf8mb4, - server: utf8mb4',
meaning different encodings on server and client parts, is that ok
or maybe i'm supposed to create utf8mb4 encoded databases (required by radicore)?

Re: General installation problem [message #7201 is a reply to message #7200] Fri, 10 August 2018 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is because I accidentally included my copy of config.inc when in fact you should use the contents of config.inc.default and modify for your installation.

The error "demo_audit" does not exist is because of the value being set in $GLOBALS['dbprefix'].

Re: General installation problem [message #7202 is a reply to message #7201] Fri, 10 August 2018 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fine! That seems working, finally i got:
(http://localhost/rdc/menu/logon.php)

Fatal Error: MySQL: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' (# 1267)
SQL query: details ..

Error in line 744 of file '/var/www/html/rdc_includes/dml.mysqli.class.inc'.
Then, about database client/server:

Client Version: mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev details.., Character sets
- client: utf8, - connection: utf8,
- database: utf8mb4, - server: utf8mb4.

Should i have created databases required with utf8_unicode_ci (i just got used to utf8_general_ci - though don't know why Smile )?
Re: General installation problem [message #7203 is a reply to message #7202] Fri, 10 August 2018 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All the databases MUST have the same collation.

Re: General installation problem [message #7205 is a reply to message #7203] Sun, 12 August 2018 06:26 Go to previous message
It works!
Comes out to be just about 'utf8_unicode_ci' (collation) needed for initially created databases (with mariadb 10.3),
just in case someone like me stumbles upon Smile.
Thanks to radicore developers/maintainers !
Previous Topic: XSL-Function error
Next Topic: How to set directory and file permissions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:41:23 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01349 seconds