Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Suggestions » menu controls separately per subsystem
menu controls separately per subsystem [message #303] Sun, 08 October 2006 20:24 Go to next message
semcycle is currently offline  semcycle
I would like to see the ability to apply the menu controls (maintain menu controls screen) individually per subsystem rather than across the board for the entire development environment. With that in place you could develop and maintain several apps using just one menu, dict and workflow database.

Sem Abrahams
www.semcycle.com
Re: menu controls separately per subsystem [message #304 is a reply to message #303] Mon, 09 October 2006 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
That screen uses information which applies across all application subsystems within the entire system, which is why is uses a record_id of 'SYSTEM'. You are free to create data, with a separate screen, which applies only to one subsystem, by using a different value for record_id.

Is it already possible to have multiple applications able to share a single menu, dict and workflow database (take a look at all the different applications under the 'prototype' menu), so I do not understand what you are hoping to achieve.

Re: menu controls separately per subsystem [message #305 is a reply to message #304] Mon, 09 October 2006 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
semcycle is currently offline  semcycle
I was hoping to achieve being able to shut down one subsystem while leaving another accessible for a tester with limited task access. I will try your suggestion of using a different record_id.

Sem Abrahams
www.semcycle.com
Re: menu controls separately per subsystem [message #306 is a reply to message #305] Mon, 09 October 2006 12:26 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
If the system is shut down, then all applications within the system are shut down. The shutdown facility was designed to keep all users out of the system while essential maintenance work (such as upgrades or database backups) is performed.

Live users and testers should not be using the same servers, so while the 'live' system may be shut down the 'test' system could still be available to testers.

Previous Topic: Quick Start Guide
Next Topic: Radicore Version login screen
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:03:19 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01046 seconds