Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Framework » What is a framework?
What is a framework? [message #37] Sat, 20 May 2006 06:53 Go to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
The text of this post has been moved to its own web page at What is a Framework?

[Updated on: Tue, 10 April 2012 04:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: What is a framework? [message #708 is a reply to message #37] Fri, 23 March 2007 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
braingeyser is currently offline  braingeyser

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to develop Radicore from scratch to its first release? Did you do it all on your own?

I ask because I'm continually staggered by the amount of work that has obviously gone into it.

รข
Re: What is a framework? [message #710 is a reply to message #708] Fri, 23 March 2007 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I started to write this framework in my spare time in 2003 after I had taught myself PHP. It is actually a rewrite of a similar framework which I first designed and built in 1985 in COBOL, then rewrote in the 1990s in an obscure language called Uniface.

I built it as a personal project and published some documentation on my website, then I started getting enquiries from people who wanted to use my code in their applications. After a while I decided to release it as open source.

It is entirely my own work and not a copy of someone else's work. I designed and built everything single handed without any interference from others who think they know better.

I'm glad you like it. It means that my efforts are not totally wasted.

Re: What is a framework? [message #7500 is a reply to message #37] Tue, 28 July 2020 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jose Bell is currently offline  Jose Bell
Wye do we need the framework?
Re: What is a framework? [message #7503 is a reply to message #7500] Wed, 29 July 2020 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You should read what I wrote in What is a Framework?

Re: What is a framework? [message #7730 is a reply to message #7500] Sun, 29 May 2022 01:09 Go to previous message
asishverma is currently offline  asishverma
The main purpose of framework is to allow designers and developers to focus on building an unique feature for their web based projects rather than re-inventing by coding.
Previous Topic: Introduction to the Radicore framework
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:43:50 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01100 seconds