Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Framework » About webServices and WEB
About webServices and WEB [message #577] Fri, 26 January 2007 05:35 Go to next message
Shamar is currently offline  Shamar
Hi!

I was wondering for a web development framework using the MVC pattern and which XSL for the Views.

Well, RADICORE seem perfect but it is thought for "Administrative Web Application".

Exactly, what does it mean?

Suppose I need to build an application which store data on a db, work with some REST services and read an IMAP mailbox...

It's amministrative... Suppose it's for the administration of a over 300 dipendents agency that works all over the Italy and want to get a site where custumers could view the status of their works.

Is RADICORE for me? I can use it for all the views of the application? Also to develop the cool web site?

Ah... It seem I've all the qualifies for use it (http://www.radicore.org/whocanuseradicore.php)...

I'm really interessed in this system, but really I could not understand if the rapidity of the DB application development it could give me, will be payed in the time for low level interfaces (to IMAP and to the REST services) and for the website presentation.

Thank's you for all replies! Very Happy

Giacomo
Re: About webServices and WEB [message #578 is a reply to message #577] Fri, 26 January 2007 07:14 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
For a definition of "administrative web application" please read http://www.radicore.org/glossary.php#web.application

Note that Radicore is designed for restricted access administrative web applications and not open access web sites. It uses forms to get data into and out of a relational database and has standard functionality regarding dynamic menus, role based access control, audit logging, workflow and internationalisation. Any functions other that that, such as communicating with an IMAP mailbox, are not built into the framework as they are application-specific and therefore require the relevant code to be added to your application components.

Although you cannot build a website using Radicore, it is perfectly feasible to build your own pages which access the Radicore table classes. In other words, you create your own presentation layer, but use the business and data access layers created by Radicore.

Previous Topic: AJAX features
Next Topic: Party
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 05:25:41 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01033 seconds