Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Menu and Security » Role - Task access (negative)
Role - Task access (negative) [message #5353] Fri, 29 January 2016 11:01 Go to next message
htManager is currently offline  htManager
Hi Tony,

is it possible to assign 'negative' task access to a role? I mean that a user can acces every task without these assigned to a role. Or do I have to assign every new task to the role to grant access? Or is there a better way?
Re: Role - Task access (negative) [message #5354 is a reply to message #5353] Sat, 30 January 2016 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
There is no such thing as 'negative' tasks - you have to assign the tasks that you want in the role, not the tasks that you don't want.

You can add tasks to a role simply by displaying up to 100 tasks on a page, then tick a box before pressing SUBMIT, so this should not be too difficult. You should also remember that setting up task access is usually done just the once, and is not modified several times a day.

[Updated on: Thu, 06 July 2017 03:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Role - Task access (negative) [message #5355 is a reply to message #5354] Sat, 30 January 2016 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am about to develop an application and I think about how to handle new tasks. The way you suggest would mean that I have to assign every new task to the specified role.
I think a better way could be to create a new subsystem where all the 'special' tasks are located.
Re: Role - Task access (negative) [message #5356 is a reply to message #5355] Sat, 30 January 2016 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is not how the framework is designed to work. Roles with 'global' access have automatic access to every task without having to add that task to the role. For non-global roles each new task must be added manually before that task can be access by that role. This can all be done by ticking checkboxes on a single screen, and that should be quick enough for anybody.

Re: Role - Task access (negative) [message #5359 is a reply to message #5356] Sun, 31 January 2016 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your advice. I am not sure how to do this the best way but if you say this then I will do this too.
Re: Role - Task access (negative) [message #5360 is a reply to message #5359] Sun, 31 January 2016 06:12 Go to previous message
When modifying the contents of the ROLE_TASK table you can either start with a role and modify the list of tasks, or you can start with a task and modify the list of roles.

Previous Topic: I forgot my password
Next Topic: Password recovery
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:01:14 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01238 seconds