Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Internationalisation (I18N) » translating fieldnames in errormessages
translating fieldnames in errormessages [message #714] Mon, 26 March 2007 07:43 Go to next message
janalwin is currently offline  janalwin
The fieldnames that appear in the errors from the validation-class aren't translated at the moment. You get the name of the databasefield.

For example a dutch user will get an english name in the error and that can be confusing.

I changed the validationclass in a few places in this way:

$translated_fieldname=getLanguageText($fieldname);
$this->errors[$fieldname] = getLanguageText('sys0021', $translated_fieldname, $size);

Now I can put the translations of the fieldnames in the language file and the problem is solved.

Maybe something to integrate in the next release? Or is there a better solution?
Re: translating fieldnames in errormessages [message #715 is a reply to message #714] Mon, 26 March 2007 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
I can't think of a better solution, so I'll put that in the next release. I will also change mnu_subsystem(export) so that it includes a list of field names in the <subsystem>.menu_export.txt file.

Re: translating fieldnames in errormessages [message #716 is a reply to message #715] Mon, 26 March 2007 12:10 Go to previous message
janalwin is currently offline  janalwin
Ok.

I'm looking forward to the next release.

Jan Alwin
Previous Topic: Running Asian Scripts in Radicore
Next Topic: Help with internationalisation please
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:00:10 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01474 seconds