Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » Fatal Error: eregi() [function.eregi]: REG_BADRPT (# 1049)
Fatal Error: eregi() [function.eregi]: REG_BADRPT (# 1049) [message #745] Tue, 03 April 2007 13:58 Go to next message
bclark is currently offline  bclark
Hi all...

I receive the following error after clicking the Logon link on the main page of Radicore. Hopefully it's an easy database connection config issue, but I don't know where to fix it.

Fatal Error: eregi() [function.eregi]: REG_BADRPT (# 1049).

Error in line 49 of file '/var/www/html/invapp/includes/dml.mysqli.class.inc'.

Host Info: Localhost via UNIX socket
Server Version: 5.0.22
Client Info: 5.0.27, Client Encoding: latin1

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Re: Fatal Error: eregi() [function.eregi]: REG_BADRPT (# 1049) [message #746 is a reply to message #745] Tue, 03 April 2007 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Take a look at http://www.radicore.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=96

Re: Fatal Error: eregi() [function.eregi]: REG_BADRPT (# 1049) [message #747 is a reply to message #745] Tue, 03 April 2007 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Tony...I had '***' in the dbprefix in config.inc.

Is there anyway to hide/encrypt the dbuserpass field in config.inc?
Re: Fatal Error: eregi() [function.eregi]: REG_BADRPT (# 1049) [message #748 is a reply to message #747] Tue, 03 April 2007 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
There is no built-in method of encrypting or hiding the password in the config.inc file, but why does there need to be? If you follow the instructions and place the INCLUDES directory outside the web root there is absolutely no way that anybody can view the contents of that file through their web browser. Only someone who has direct access to your server could see the contents of that directory, and therefore that file, so this should be secure enough.

I believe there are third party products which can encrypt or obfuscate your PHP files, such as Zend Guard, but I have never used them.

Re: Fatal Error: eregi() [function.eregi]: REG_BADRPT (# 1049) [message #749 is a reply to message #748] Tue, 03 April 2007 19:33 Go to previous message
k...thanks. I'll reread the directions. I remember seeing something explaining that but got caught up in installation of that and a few other things. Thanks for the help.

Bryant
Previous Topic: Fatal Error on Popup
Next Topic: XSLT functions are not available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:45:58 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01119 seconds