Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Bug Reports » MNU_USER Incorrect Columns Spec and Cannot Re-Import
MNU_USER Incorrect Columns Spec and Cannot Re-Import [message #5901] Wed, 28 September 2016 17:51 Go to next message
kong is currently offline  kong
Noticed that starting from v1.95, mnu_user.dict.inc file shows:
$fieldspec['user_name']                 = array('type' => 'string',
                                                    'size' => 30);

$fieldspec['user_password']             = array('type' => 'string',
                                                    'size' => 16,
                                                    'password' => 'y',
                                                    'nosearch' => 'y',
                                                    'noaudit' => 'y');

Up till version v1.94 these used to be required fields. The database schema too showed that these should be required fields.
So, the first bug: Application crash whenever new user added without populating these fields, because the 'required' validation rule did not kick in.

Then, when tried to re-import MNU_USER table's columns in DICT module of v1.97 in the hope of correcting menu_user.dict.inc file, the column import function did not make 'user_name' and 'user_password' fields 'required'. So, that is the second problem: Columns import does not work for table MNU_USER.

Not sure these are related or not.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 September 2016 22:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: MNU_USER Incorrect Columns Spec and Cannot Re-Import [message #5905 is a reply to message #5901] Thu, 29 September 2016 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
You haven't identified which database you are using, so I'll assume that it's MySQL.

I have checked on my system that these two fields are marked as NOT NULL in the database, re-imported the data, and regenerated the mnu_user.dict.inc file and everything works as it should do.

Attached is a copy of the correct file.

Re: MNU_USER Incorrect Columns Spec and Cannot Re-Import [message #5910 is a reply to message #5905] Thu, 29 September 2016 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kong is currently offline  kong
The problem appears deeper than this, see http:// radicore.org/fud/index.php?t=msg&goto=5909&#msg_5909
Re: MNU_USER Incorrect Columns Spec and Cannot Re-Import [message #5913 is a reply to message #5910] Fri, 30 September 2016 05:03 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
I have answered that post separately.

Previous Topic: Redundant bracket in mnu_user.class.inc
Next Topic: Auto assign user in workflow that starts with ADD1 task
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:41:20 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01013 seconds