Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Audit Logging » HIPAA?
HIPAA? [message #835] Sun, 20 May 2007 17:33 Go to next message
j.d.m is currently offline  j.d.m
Is the Audit Logging also HIPAA compliant?
Re: HIPAA? [message #836 is a reply to message #835] Sun, 20 May 2007 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
As I have never heard of HIPAA I wouldn't know.

Re: HIPAA? [message #837 is a reply to message #835] Sun, 20 May 2007 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
j.d.m is currently offline  j.d.m
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)

You know, It's the reason for all those "Privacy Policies" companies and health care providers had to start giving out a few years ago.

It is also concerned with the electronic data interchange of protected health information. Although, I just did a quick search and can find very little in the way of actual guidelines. It appears that they are nothing more than suggestions or common sense. This is the closest document I found thus far:

www.cms.hhs.gov/SecurityStandard/Downloads/SecurityGuidancef orRemoteUseFinal122806.pdf

It came from: www.hhs.gov/ocr/hipaa/

I don't imagine that it's any problem using SSL with radicore. They do suggest having a second layer of security like a "favorite pet" question. Is this an option?

JD
Re: HIPAA? [message #838 is a reply to message #837] Mon, 21 May 2007 04:01 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Not currently. All that is required to log in is a valid username and password. Remember that Radicore is designed for back office systems which have a restricted number of users, and not for websites which are open to the public.

For a list of Radicore's security features please look at http://www.radicore.org/viewarticle.php?article_id=66.

Previous Topic: List Audit Details for an Object (Audit Trail) question
Next Topic: Introduction to Audit Logging within Radicore
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:07:07 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00937 seconds