Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Framework » Comparison Radicore vs. Zend Framework
Comparison Radicore vs. Zend Framework [message #1016] Tue, 31 July 2007 13:03 Go to next message
zamolxes is currently offline  zamolxes
Hello Tony,

For some time the Zend framework has been avaiable, now. Like Radicore it is based on PHP, and maybe better lends itself to comparison than a product based on Ruby. I should really appreciate to read your opinion, and of course that of others, on how the two compare. There's a list of components at
http://framework.zend.com/whyzf/components/

After having read your description about where Radicore differs from Ruby on Rails, I have asked the Ruby and RoR adepts within the XING business community (http://xing.com), to communicate their views, on Radicore vs. RoR. Apart from the fact that no one there had heared about Radicore before, some claimed that the comparison you wrote in 2006, at least in some aspects, was not valid anymore, because RoR has greatly improved in the last 12 months.

I did not have the time to check the accuracy of their statements, so I'm not the one to judge whether everything you wrote then, is still valid today.

They emumerated a number of web projects that had been solved with RoR in very short time, with little effort, and to the utmost satisfaction of all involved.

I will not make any judgement, before having had the opportunity to take a closer look at either.

At the moment, however, I'd be more interested in reading your opinion about the Zend framework.

Best regards from Transilvania

HF
Re: Comparison Radicore vs. Zend Framework [message #1017 is a reply to message #1016] Tue, 31 July 2007 13:46 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
I honestly do not have the time to study other frameworks so that I can compare them against Radicore as I am busy building applications with Radicore.

Other frameworks may be OK for building simple web sites, but Radicore was designed specifically for administrative applications with heavy database usage. These types of application were traditionally available only on the desktop, but now ore and more customers want them on the web. As an example, my current project is in the area of Supply Chain Management (Customers, Suppliers, Products, Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, Invoicing, Shipments, Stock Control and Inventory). It has 7 databases, 130 tables, 230 relationships and 1000 tasks. That has taken me, working alone, just 6 months. I am now in the UAT and documentation phase.

Unless you have a framework that can compete with that I am not interested.

Previous Topic: Party
Next Topic: Is the java version of Radicore still alive ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:14:17 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00987 seconds