Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Bug Reports » Frequent file juggling woes (Files switched between releases)
Frequent file juggling woes [message #6298] Fri, 14 April 2017 22:25 Go to next message
apmuthu
Files like htaccess.txt, htaccess.demo.txt are present in some releases whilst not in some previous releases. Maintaining version changes becomes cumbersome.

The following appear in one or the other release and sometimes within a single release:
htaccess.txt: php_value always_populate_raw_post_data -1
and
htaccess.demo.txt: php_value always_populate_raw_post_data 1
Re: Frequent file juggling woes [message #6301 is a reply to message #6298] Sat, 15 April 2017 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apmuthu
This link has more info on the php.ini parameter value being -1.

Quote:

PHP 5.6.0 and above does not support always_populate_raw_post_data, so it need to be set to -1.

For earlier versions of PHP, use:
php_flag always_populate_raw_post_data On
or
php_flag always_populate_raw_post_data 1

[Updated on: Sat, 15 April 2017 00:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Frequent file juggling woes [message #6307 is a reply to message #6301] Sat, 15 April 2017 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
I sometimes forget to remove htaccess.txt from the zip file so that it does not overwrite your copy. My apologies.

Re: Frequent file juggling woes [message #6846 is a reply to message #6307] Sun, 20 August 2017 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apmuthu
Missing xample.zip in v2.05.0 release - is it no longer supported?
The documentation still refers to it.

What folder should we extract the new radicore_admin.zip into?
There is no info on this file in the documentation.

Why does the Menu SQL schema now define each string field with "COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci " although they are in the default for the ENGINE in the last line of the table definition?

Please remove all the Thumbs.db files from future releases.

[Updated on: Sun, 20 August 2017 05:26]

Re: Frequent file juggling woes [message #6848 is a reply to message #6846] Sun, 20 August 2017 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ignore radicore_admin.zip. I have rebuilt the radicore-2017-08-03.zip file with the missing xample.zip.

The menu sql schema contains those COLLATE statements simply because the tool I use to maintain and export the schema puts them there.

Each time I delete thumbs.db from my file system the OS puts them back, and I have grown tired from deleting them manually from the zip file after I have created it. What problem does it cause?

Re: Frequent file juggling woes [message #6849 is a reply to message #6848] Sun, 20 August 2017 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apmuthu
Thumbs.db permanent deletion with no re-creation.
Quote:

For Windows XP:

Open My Computer
Click on Tools
Click Folder Options
Click the View tab
Put a check in the box next to "Do not cache thumbnails"
Click on OK

For Windows Vista and Windows 7:

Click the Start button.
Click on Control Panel.
Click on Folder Options.
Click on the View tab.
Under the Files and Folders section check the button next to "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
Click on Apply.
Click on OK.

The COLLATE statements were not there in the earlier release.
Re: Frequent file juggling woes [message #7088 is a reply to message #6849] Sat, 11 November 2017 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apmuthu
There are many files that have Unix line endings ("\n") whilst there are a substantial number of files that have DOS line endings ("\r\n") as well. To synch it all to have just Unix line endings except for the BAT files needed for Windows would be appropriate.

This can be achieved using the bash oneliner:
find ./ -type f -name "*.php" -o -name "*.css" -o -name "*.js" -o -name "*.txt" -o -name "*.inc" -o -name "*.sql"  | xargs dos2unix

Some Linux installs may need a trailing ' -U' like:
find ./ -type f -name "*.php" -o -name "*.css" -o -name "*.js" -o -name "*.txt" -o -name "*.inc" -o -name "*.sql"  | xargs dos2unix -U

Re: Frequent file juggling woes [message #7089 is a reply to message #7088] Sun, 12 November 2017 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I develop on Windows, so all my files have Windows line endings. My Radicore website and my personal website are both deployed on linux servers, and I have never had to convert the line endings of any files. If you have developed a script which can convert all the line endings then you have the thanks of everyone who would find it useful.

Re: Frequent file juggling woes [message #7090 is a reply to message #7089] Sun, 12 November 2017 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apmuthu
To convert Windows CRLF line endings to Unix style LF line endings in windows use:
TYPE input_filename | MORE /P > output_filename

Create a batch file to operate on desired file extensions recursively. Make sure that the input and output files are different (use different folders when the name is the same) otherwise you will lose your source file itself with no conversion or target file being available.

An utility do this conversion in a GUI is available at the DOS2Unix page.

If any SQL statement spans more than one line especially in the middle of a long string, chances are the "^M" (CR) character will get embedded into it and cause searches to fail.

As you work entirely on windows, I would assume that all the files would have windows CRLF line endings which is not the case. There are scores of files that retain the Unix style line endings. Using the likes of NotePad++ with line endings set to Unix style will make for such editing to be consistent with webservers running linux and windows. The possible reason your linux servers have not complained is that the file transfer program used may have auto translated the line endings during upload.

The current Radicore v2.08.0 completely in unix style line endings is available on GitHub.

[Updated on: Sun, 12 November 2017 09:58]

Re: Frequent file juggling woes [message #7091 is a reply to message #7090] Mon, 13 November 2017 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't use a simple editor such as Notepad or Notepad++ to maintain my PHP scripts, I use a proper IDE, which is PhpED from NuSphere.

Re: Frequent file juggling woes [message #7093 is a reply to message #7090] Mon, 20 November 2017 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sheffler is currently offline  Sheffler
Thanks for clarifying apmuthu, very helpful!
Re: Frequent file juggling woes [message #7471 is a reply to message #7093] Thu, 30 April 2020 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manavigau is currently offline  Manavigau
I generally have questions about the htaccess.txt file, can I ask this here or create a new topic? I did not find a solution here on the forum
Re: Frequent file juggling woes [message #7475 is a reply to message #7471] Fri, 01 May 2020 03:51 Go to previous message
I suggest you start a new topic in the "How To" section. You should never append to an exiting thread if you are starting a new topic.

Previous Topic: where2indexedArray failure
Next Topic: Cannot delete audit data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:24:56 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01445 seconds