Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Framework » PDF not readable on early Acrobat Reader
PDF not readable on early Acrobat Reader [message #1209] Thu, 03 January 2008 18:29 Go to next message
David Lee is currently offline  David Lee
It appears that the PDF report files may not be readable by versions of Acrobat reader earlier than version 6.

The path I travelled to reach this conclusion was

Jan 2007: Used Radicore and Acrobat Reader 4 to generate annual reports

Dec 2007: Updated Radicore (1.30) created PDF files which displayed in Acrobat 4 on a Win 2K system, but appeared to have the wrong character set, so were not readable. Creating a PDF file from the on-line demo version of Radicore gave the same result. Trying to read them with Acrobat Reader 4 on an XP machine crashed the reader. Acrobat Reader 6 on an XP machine displayed them correctly, with correct text.
They also fail to display on the ClearVue PDF program on my Windows Mobile device.

Your mileage may vary, and the workaround of upgrading to the latest Acrobat Reader is straightforward. However, identifying the cause of this was a little time consuming, so this post may save others some time! (Why should what worked a year ago now not work is never an easy question.)
Re: PDF not readable on early Acrobat Reader [message #1211 is a reply to message #1209] Fri, 04 January 2008 17:59 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
As the latest Acrobat reader can always be downloaded and installed for free I do not see this as a problem. Compatibility with outdated versions of any software - be it PHP, MySQL/PostgreSQL/Oracle or Acrobat - is not something which is guaranteed.

Previous Topic: PDF Issues
Next Topic: Question/problem with searches and wildcard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:11:36 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01025 seconds