Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » Logon - Security Violation
icon10.gif  Logon - Security Violation [message #1310] Mon, 07 April 2008 19:03 Go to next message
denny is currently offline  denny

Hi,I´m working on Mandriva Free Linux

When I tried to log on, I got: "Security Violation"

I verified mnu_user table and I could see the users that I tried, but none of them work properly. Also, I added a new user and I got the same message.

I loaded all the tables mentioned on the installation page.

Any suggestion?

Cheers.
Re: Logon - Security Violation [message #1311 is a reply to message #1310] Tue, 08 April 2008 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Have you tried entering the password with 'caps lock' off?

Re: Logon - Security Violation [message #1312 is a reply to message #1311] Thu, 10 April 2008 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yes, I have tried as many times as possible without any result.
Re: Logon - Security Violation [message #1314 is a reply to message #1312] Thu, 10 April 2008 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When you look at the contents of your MNU_USER table are the password fields encrypted?

When you look at the MNU_CONTROL table is there a record with the following:

record_id = SYSTEM
field_id = PSWD_ENCRYPT
field_value = Y

If these two are out of step then you will never be able to log on.

Re: Logon - Security Violation [message #1315 is a reply to message #1314] Thu, 10 April 2008 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yes, the password fields are encrypted on MNU_USER. Just, one row I added is not encrypted

On MNU_CONTROL:
I updated field_value to 'N' and I could log on. Is that correct or you can give me any suggestion about that record?

-------------------------
record_id = SYSTEM
field_id = PSWD_ENCRYPT
field_value = Y
-------------------------

cheers
Re: Logon - Security Violation [message #1316 is a reply to message #1315] Thu, 10 April 2008 17:14 Go to previous message
That field is normally updated via the screen Update Control Data. It tells the system whether passwords are to be encrypted before they are stored in the database.

As the switch is now set to 'N' you can use sql to set all the passwords to plain text, an you should be able to logon with any of the users ids. If you then go to the Control Data screen and set the switch to 'Y' it will update all the user records by encryptng the passwords. You should then try logging on again to see that it now works.

Previous Topic: getsupportedlanguages
Next Topic: Permissions and .htaccess files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 00:28:53 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01104 seconds