Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Bug Reports » v 1.35 - Inconsistent SQL files (Bug Report)
v 1.35 - Inconsistent SQL files [message #1318] Mon, 28 April 2008 12:51 Go to next message
ljkbrost is currently offline  ljkbrost
Hi,

After downloading version 1.35, there is a minor annoyance with the MySQL data files for the Menu. The data was exported with the line "USE menu" which forces the data to be imported into the menu table even if that's not what you want.

For example:

mysql -u root -p radicore_v134_menu < radicore/menu/sql/mysql/menu-scheme.sql

Will create the menu into the database 'radicore_v134_menu'. While

mysql -u root -p radicore_v134_menu < radicore/menu/sql/mysql/menu-data.sql

Will fail or insert data into the wrong table because of the "USE menu" directive in the sql file.

This problem does not happen for the other databases workflow, dict, or audit. It's a minor annoyance as you have to edit the file if you are using databases with prefixes.

Cheers,

Kyle Brost
----
www.softelephant.com

Re: v 1.35 - Inconsistent SQL files [message #1319 is a reply to message #1318] Mon, 28 April 2008 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This also happens with the audit-scheme.sql.
Re: v 1.35 - Inconsistent SQL files [message #1320 is a reply to message #1318] Mon, 28 April 2008 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This also happens with the mnu-user.sql file.
Re: v 1.35 - Inconsistent SQL files [message #1321 is a reply to message #1320] Mon, 28 April 2008 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Instead of creating a new SQL loading bug, I add this information here.

After loading all the data and trying to login the process fails because the radius login option is enabled by default. This was a real pain to debug and would be very frustrating for new users.

Re: v 1.35 - Inconsistent SQL files [message #1322 is a reply to message #1318] Mon, 28 April 2008 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
If I do not specify the database name then someone complains, but if I put it in then someone else complains. Some people execute the script without specifying a particlar database name because they assume that the script will automatically switch to the correct database, and then complain that it doesn't work.

As it is not possible to know for certain if you are using a prefix with your database names, so the safest option is to leave out the "USE 'xxx';" statement completely. This will mean that everybody will be responsible for identifying the correct database name before executing each script.

Re: v 1.35 - Inconsistent SQL files [message #1323 is a reply to message #1321] Mon, 28 April 2008 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Whoops! I shall fix that in the next release.

Re: v 1.35 - Inconsistent SQL files [message #1324 is a reply to message #1322] Thu, 01 May 2008 01:08 Go to previous message
It is better to require the user to specify the database as you would be less likely to do harm by the framework guessing the wrong name.

I agree with your assessment.
Previous Topic: v1.34 issue with audit_logging and getFieldspec_original
Next Topic: v 1.35 - Relationship Calculated Field Escaping
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 15:23:15 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01034 seconds