Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » Permissions and .htaccess files
Permissions and .htaccess files [message #1338] Tue, 20 May 2008 00:56 Go to next message
jsmeaton is currently offline  jsmeaton
I've run into a hurdle while installing the framework. I don't know much about web server configuration, and I'm rather limited in what I have access to as we are installing on a university student drive.

I've changed the filename to .htaccess as it's being installed on a unix drive. I've also changed the directive to point to the includes directory. I'm not sure if I need anything else, but when I do all this, even though permissions are correctly set for the radicore directory, it gives a forbidden error.

Inside my .htaccess file is the following line:

php_value include_path ".:/home/team/08pra06/public_html/source/radicore/includes"

Is there a problem with that directive? /home/.. is the absolute path (pwd in includes directory).

The administrator emailed me the following:
"
Okay. I have changed the AuthConfig to be all (It was preaty much this anyway but it should definitely work now anyway).
"

So I'm assuming it's not an error with the httpd. Help appreciated. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Josh
Re: Permissions and .htaccess files [message #1339 is a reply to message #1338] Tue, 20 May 2008 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Are there any other PHP applications running on that server? That would at least prove that there is nothing wrong with that server.

I can only point to the installation instructions at http://www.radicore.org/installation.php. Point #2 identifies the changes that need to be made to the apache configuration file.

Re: Permissions and .htaccess files [message #1340 is a reply to message #1338] Tue, 20 May 2008 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah there are other systems running so I'm doubtful it's the httpd file. It has something to do with the htaccess file. When I remove it, I have access to the directory. When it's there, I now get an internal server error (500).

Is there perhaps a work-around that includes NOT using a htaccess file?
Re: Permissions and htaccess files [message #1341 is a reply to message #1340] Wed, 21 May 2008 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only alternative to the htaccess file would be to set all the options in your php.ini file, but that would then set those options for everyone else on that server. The whole purpose of the htaccess file is to provide local variations to the global settings.

Do these other systems use an htaccess file? This would at least prove that Apache has been set up correctly to allow them. Can you compare your htaccess file to one of the others to see if there is something you have missed?

If not can you send me your file so that I can take a look at it.

Re: Permissions and .htaccess files [message #1343 is a reply to message #1341] Wed, 21 May 2008 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is the .htaccess file I'm working with. Permissions are set to 604 on it. Still receiving error 500. Even when there's not a line of text in the file, just having the .htaccess in the directory causes the problem.

If you can see a problem with the following contents, please let me know. I truly think that this may be a server/configuration error due to an empty file causing an error also - but it'll be handy to eliminate future problems (once server is configured properly) by ensuring that this file is correct.

Thank you for your help and patience!

<Files ~ "\.inc$">
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
</Files>

php_value default_charset "UTF-8"
php_value include_path ".:/home/team/08pra06/public_html/source/radicore/includes"

php_value register_globals 0
php_value magic_quotes_gpc 0
php_value magic_quotes_runtime 0
php_value magic_quotes_sybase 0
php_value session.use_cookies 1
php_value session.use_only_cookies 0
php_value session.use_trans_sid 1
php_value session.gc_maxlifetime 3600
php_value arg_separator.output "&amp;"
php_value url_rewriter.tags "a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,fieldset="
Re: Permissions and .htaccess files [message #1344 is a reply to message #1343] Wed, 21 May 2008 09:02 Go to previous message
Your file contents look OK, but I should change the file permissions to 755 instead of 604 as that is what I use on all my systems.

Previous Topic: Logon - Security Violation
Next Topic: Build Directory - no directory created
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:04:20 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01118 seconds