Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » Build Directory - no directory created
Build Directory - no directory created [message #1349] Tue, 27 May 2008 21:39 Go to next message
peter is currently offline  peter
I'm working through the tutorial steps concering the test subsystem. Using Apache, PHP, and MySQL on localhost on Windows Vista Business.

When attempt to 'Build Directory' the message '0 records were updated in MNU_SUBSYSTEM' appears. Also no test directory in created in the radicore directory.

How can I be sure that Radicore has write access to it's own subdirectory under htdocs? Should there be a directive in the apache/httpd.conf or the radicore/htaccess.txt?
Re: Build Directory - no directory created [message #1350 is a reply to message #1349] Wed, 28 May 2008 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
The message "0 records were updated" appears because the transaction pattern (UPDATE4) used by this task expects to update a number of records on the database, but it this case it writes to a non-database file instead.

I do all my development on Windows XP and I never have any problem with file permissions - I always use the default settings and never specify any restrictions.

If this task is unable to create the directories and copy the files then the mkdir() and copy() functions should fail, in which case a suitable error message should be generated. If these functions are not failing, but the directory is still not being created, then there could be something peculiar with Windows Vista (ugh! crap!) and its updated permissions system.

As I do not use Vista (ugh! crap!) I am unable to reproduce this problem. I suggest you step through the code with your debugger to see what is happening.

Re: Build Directory - no directory created [message #1359 is a reply to message #1350] Thu, 29 May 2008 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peter is currently offline  peter
Thank you for prompt reply.

I've now switched from Vista to Ububtu Linux running Apache2, MySQL and PHP.

The Logon screen appears ok, but when I logon the following message apears:

Warning: require_once(include.general.inc) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/peter/public_html/radicore/menu/menu.php on line 12

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'include.general.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/peter/public_html/radicore/menu/menu.php on line 12

The problem seems to be with the include path, no matter what I've tried still no success. Any ideas?
Re: Build Directory - no directory created [message #1360 is a reply to message #1359] Fri, 30 May 2008 03:46 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
You must modify your include_path to point to the directory which contains all the include files, as documented in paragraph #3 of http://www.radicore.org/installation.php.

Previous Topic: Permissions and .htaccess files
Next Topic: Radicore and cpanel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 18 23:50:27 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01013 seconds