Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Suggestions » Replace jquery in framework
Replace jquery in framework [message #7222] Sat, 29 September 2018 14:06 Go to next message
Ellie is currently offline  Ellie
Firstly - thanx for such a useful tool (radicore) and i hope it will be keep maintained in long term - i have plans to participate in it too.
Though i'm not of really experienced users in frameworks but it seems like radicore doesn't rely much on javascript.
I want to ask if there are plans to substitute jquery (as dependency) for some custom or smaller js libraries (for example umbrellajs.com, if DOM manipulation & AJAX capabilities are enough), cos i've heard much about footprint and considerable performance loss issues from such overloaded libraries although many widely known php frameworks also use jquery (few not so well-known frameworks use of their own) ?
Re: Replace jquery in framework [message #7223 is a reply to message #7222] Sat, 29 September 2018 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
I have no plans to add any javascript libraries to my framework. My philosophy has been, and always will be, to do as much as possible with standard HTML and only add javascript in those circumstances where it provides distinct benefits. I have provided the ability for developers to add javascript into their applications, but that is as far as I am prepared to go.

Re: Replace jquery in framework [message #7225 is a reply to message #7223] Mon, 15 October 2018 18:47 Go to previous message
sofiamartine is currently offline  sofiamartine
Great post, I really interesting the way you highlighted some important points.I never seen these type of article in my life ..its really wonderful Thanks very much, I appreciate your post.

Previous Topic: Traversing subtrees
Next Topic: Allow multiple roles for each user?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:17:08 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00875 seconds