Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » Radicore and cpanel
Radicore and cpanel [message #1380] Mon, 30 June 2008 15:54 Go to next message
bonzo_bcn is currently offline  bonzo_bcn
Anyone has successfully run radicore in a cpanel hosting?
I need to chmod the radicore directory to 777 in order to allow radicore to create dirs.
If I set permissions to 755 I get the message 'Cannot create directory ../ceae'
Also radicore is creating the app directories with the username 'nobody' and group 'nobody'.
I'm not an apache expert so I don't know if this is a Radicore issue or a hosting issue.
Re: Radicore and cpanel [message #1382 is a reply to message #1380] Mon, 30 June 2008 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
This is not a Radicore issue. It is a problem with the *nix permissions system and the fact that when PHP is run as an Apache module it is given the user name of 'nobody' which somehow does not have sufficient permissions to create directories and/or files.

Re: Radicore and cpanel [message #1384 is a reply to message #1380] Mon, 30 June 2008 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's what I thought but I wanted to be sure before going to technical support, I'll update once I've solved it.
Re: Radicore and cpanel [message #1386 is a reply to message #1380] Tue, 01 July 2008 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have to set the permission of the radicore folder to 777 in order to allow the creation of folders, they say 'PHP runs under the nobody user and it needs write access to the directory.', is this right? I don't want to leave the radicore folder with 777 permissions as it's a security problem..
Re: Radicore and cpanel [message #1387 is a reply to message #1386] Tue, 01 July 2008 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Once you have created all the necessary folders you should be able to reset the permissions.

Unix/linux has the concept of users and groups in its permissions system, so if apache runs with the user id of 'nobody' what group does it belong to? Is it possible to make it the same group as the domain name so that you can reduce permissions to 775 instead of 777?

Re: Radicore and cpanel [message #1389 is a reply to message #1387] Tue, 01 July 2008 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The group is 'nobody' too, technicall support just told me to set permissions to 777, they are absolutely useless.
The problem is that once the folders are created with the user nobody group nobody I can't upload or delete files with the ftp user. So if I need to edit a file in my pc and then upload it, I can't.
Re: Radicore and cpanel [message #1392 is a reply to message #1389] Tue, 01 July 2008 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's very strange. I do all my development on a Windows PC, then I upload to my non-Windows web sites using WS_FTP without any problems.

Re: Radicore and cpanel [message #1395 is a reply to message #1380] Tue, 01 July 2008 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it's because they're not running phpsuexec in this hosting.
Re: Radicore and cpanel [message #1398 is a reply to message #1395] Tue, 01 July 2008 05:40 Go to previous message
My hosting company tried running phpsuexec for a short time, but thay had so many complaints that they had to drop it.

Previous Topic: Build Directory - no directory created
Next Topic: Recomend hosting for Radicore?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 00:08:18 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01536 seconds