Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » Recomend hosting for Radicore?
Recomend hosting for Radicore? [message #1388] Tue, 01 July 2008 04:45 Go to next message
bonzo_bcn is currently offline  bonzo_bcn
I'm finding some problems with my different hosting companies and Radicore.
Some of them don't use mod php, they use cgi, others the apache user doesn't have rights over the radicore folder...does anyone know of a company that supports Radicore easily?
Re: Recomend hosting for Radicore? [message #1393 is a reply to message #1388] Tue, 01 July 2008 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
The hosting company that I use for http://www.tonymarston.net/ and http://www.radicore.org/ is http://www.lypha.com/.

Re: Recomend hosting for Radicore? [message #1665 is a reply to message #1388] Wed, 17 September 2008 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What hosting package did you get?
I'm trying the basic shared one, but for example when exporting to php I get the 'Cannot open file /home2/cealtemp/public_html/radicore/ceae/classes/deporte.di ct.inc' because the apache user and the ftp user is different.
Re: Recomend hosting for Radicore? [message #1666 is a reply to message #1665] Wed, 17 September 2008 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Make sure that the Apache user and FTP user are part of the same group, then make sure that all folders and files to which the application need to write have write access at the group level.

If you cannot do this the only alternative is to change the folder/file permissions to 777.

Re: Recomend hosting for Radicore? [message #1667 is a reply to message #1388] Wed, 17 September 2008 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's what I should do, but I don't know if lypha will allow.
How did you manage it with them?
Re: Recomend hosting for Radicore? [message #1668 is a reply to message #1667] Wed, 17 September 2008 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you asked them? I have never had a problem.

I have never actually performed any exports on a *nix box as exporting is a purely development process, and I do all my development on a Windows PC.

Re: Recomend hosting for Radicore? [message #1669 is a reply to message #1668] Wed, 17 September 2008 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM wrote on Wed, 17 September 2008 11:01

Have you asked them? I have never had a problem.

I have never actually performed any exports on a *nix box as exporting is a purely development process, and I do all my development on a Windows PC.

Is there any documentation on how to put the changes in the production server?
I mean, now I've uploaded some pieces of the subsystem, but I still have to develop quite a bit in my local machine.
Files can be uploaded, but what about the changes done in the databases? I can't drop them as there will be user data there.
Re: Recomend hosting for Radicore? [message #1670 is a reply to message #1669] Wed, 17 September 2008 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The exports are done from the MENU and DICT databases, and these do not contain user data.

I develop everything on my PC, perform the exports on my PC, then copy the exported files (<table>.class.inc and <table>.dict.inc) to the production server. I don't bother updating the DICT database on the production server as I never use it.

When I change the contents of the MENU database for a subsystem I export the changes from the AUDIT system then load those changes directly into the MENU database on the production server.

Re: Recomend hosting for Radicore? [message #1671 is a reply to message #1388] Wed, 17 September 2008 14:13 Go to previous message
Great, thanks for the info.
Previous Topic: Radicore and cpanel
Next Topic: Updating RADICORE on a linux box - script
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:50:06 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01295 seconds