Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » Updating RADICORE on a linux box - script (Script to ease keeping an installation up to date)
Updating RADICORE on a linux box - script [message #1825] Wed, 12 November 2008 14:45 Go to next message
David Lee is currently offline  David Lee
Try the attached, at your own risk. I am having difficulty posting it to the forum, so no more text at present!
Re: Updating RADICORE on a linux box - script [message #1830 is a reply to message #1825] Wed, 12 November 2008 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
What is the purpose of this script? Is there a problem with it?

Re: Updating RADICORE on a linux box - script [message #1839 is a reply to message #1830] Thu, 13 November 2008 23:01 Go to previous message
David Lee is currently offline  David Lee
The aim of the script is to update RADICORE installed on a Linux box. The script features

• Storing the old installation to make rollback possible
  • Preserving existing htaccess and config.inc files
  • the includes/ directory can be anywhere
  • Creates a file for doing all required updates to a mysql database

I am not a script expert, so others may be able to improve it, and the usual disclaimers, with "run at your own risk" apply! Some variables for your root directory and file owner need setting near the top of the script.

Sorry this was not included in the original post. The only way I managed to get this post to not cause an error was to omit the dot in front of htaccess!
Previous Topic: Recomend hosting for Radicore?
Next Topic: logon errros
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:43:38 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02578 seconds