Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » Issue working through the tutorial (popup not working as it should)
Issue working through the tutorial [message #2322] Thu, 08 October 2009 11:07 Go to next message
dicelord is currently offline  dicelord
I am in the process of familiarising myself with the radicore framework and it looks like an excellent tool.

I am working through the tutorial and I am running into an issue with the UPDATE and DELETE buttons on the tst_x_tree_node(list2)jnr screen.

I navigate to
Home»TEST» X Tree Type» X Tree Level» X Tree Node»X Tree Node

If I select the UPDATE button I simply land back on the same screen with the message "Nothing selected from popup screen."

If I select some jnr records then push delete, I get:

This application has encountered an unrecoverable error
The following has been reported to the administrator:
2009-10-08 11:03:05
Fatal Error: DELETESELECTION method has not been defined in class x_tree_node (# 256).
Error in line 4961 of file '/var/www/html/radicore/includes/std.table.class.inc'.
PHP_SELF: /radicore/test/x_tree_node(del3).php
SERVER_ADDR: 127.0.0.1
SERVER_NAME: 127.0.0.1
HTTP_HOST: 127.0.0.1
User Id: MGR
REMOTE_ADDR: 127.0.0.1
REQUEST_URI: /radicore/test/x_tree_node(del3).php?session_name=menu0

Interesting to note that I made the required addition of the deleteSelection to the x_tree_node_jnr class and this error points out no function defined for the x_tree_node class.

I am sure I have made an elementary error, please help!

Paul Kratz
Re: Issue working through the tutorial [message #2323 is a reply to message #2322] Thu, 08 October 2009 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
You did not state which version of Radicore you are using.

I have just run this on my test system using the latest version (1.52.0) and I cannot duplicate the errors you receive. I did find an error which I recently introduced into 'std.table.class.inc' regarding the database update in the UPDATE2 task, but the fixed version is attached.

When I press the UPDATE button I am taken to the 'tst_x_tree_node(popup2)' screen, as expected. If you are being bounced out of this screen then you need to step through with your debugger to see where it is happening.

As for your problem with the DELETE, the instructions at http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/radicore-tutorial4.html #relationships.step2 show that the _cm_deleteSelection() method in 'x_tree_node_jnr.class.inc' should be modified, and it is this class which should be used in the 'x_tree_node(del3).php' script.

Re: Issue working through the tutorial [message #2324 is a reply to message #2323] Fri, 09 October 2009 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dicelord is currently offline  dicelord
I am running Radicore v1.51.0

I changed the table referenced in x_tree_node(del3).php and the delete option is working.

I installed the updated std.table.class you posted, but I still can not get the new function to work.

You mentioned the debugger, I searched the forum and the radicore website, but I dont see and details on the debugger.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Paul Kratz
Re: Issue working through the tutorial [message #2325 is a reply to message #2324] Fri, 09 October 2009 09:55 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
There is no debugger in the Radicore framework. I am referring to a PHP debugger which usually comes with your IDE. I used to use PHPEdit, but switched to Zend Studio years ago. An interactive debugger is an essential tool as it allows you to step through your code while it is being executed. You can examine the contents of variables every step of the way, and see where processing takes a different path due to a condition being met. Not having a debugger puts you at a serious disadvantage.

Previous Topic: Frontend examples
Next Topic: Newbie Issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 01:53:59 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01127 seconds