Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » Making the classroom example work (How to see classroom example)
Making the classroom example work [message #2362] Sat, 14 November 2009 00:09 Go to next message
fastrider is currently offline  fastrider
Hi
How do i see the classroom example. There is no index file in that folder.
Further if I set the include path as
php_value include_path ".;D:\XAMPP\HTDOCS\RADICORE\INCLUDES

then do all include and require commands look for files in D:\XAMPP\HTDOCS\RADICORE\INCLUDES always?

Thanks
Rahul
Re: Making the classroom example work [message #2363 is a reply to message #2362] Sat, 14 November 2009 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
The Classroom prototype is included in the download in file radicore/classroom-prototype.zip. In order to be able to run this subsystem you must do the following:

• Unzip the file to produce the 'classroom' directory. This must exist at the same level as the 'menu', 'dict', 'audit' and 'workflow' directories.
  • Load the contents of file radicore\classroom\sql\crss.menu_export.sql into your MENU database.
  • Load the contents of file radicore\classroom\sql\classroom.dict_export.sql into your DICT database (optional).
  • Run script radicore\classroom\sql\mysql\classroom-schema.sql to create the database and all its tables.
  • Run script radicore\classroom\sql\mysql\classroom-data.sql to load the initial data.

The tasks for the classrom prototype will now appear in the menu screens, so off you go.

In answer to your other question, every subsystem requires access to the files in the standard INCLUDES directory, wherever this may be.

Re: Making the classroom example work [message #2364 is a reply to message #2363] Sat, 14 November 2009 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fastrider is currently offline  fastrider
Thanks
These steps worked.

Further just to add for someone else reading the post. After the above steps one can see the prototype application in HOME>>PROTO
Re: Making the classroom example work [message #2612 is a reply to message #2364] Wed, 25 August 2010 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dsstanescu is currently offline  dsstanescu
Hello,

I also would like to see the prototype applications. I followed the steps for MENU and DICT, and SQL setup and all worked fine. However, I am a bit confused, where can I see the application (HOME >> PROTO ??!!).
Thank you.

Best regards,Dan
Re: Making the classroom example work [message #2613 is a reply to message #2612] Wed, 25 August 2010 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It should be visible as one of the menu buttons on the home page. In case it was not loaded correctly from the 'menu.menu_export.sql' file please do the following:

1) go to Home->Menu System->Task (Menu).
2) choose 'main_menu' and press 'Menu Items (1)' in the navigation bar.
3) press the 'New' button - the 'Search Task' screen should appear.
4) enter 'proto' as task_id and press the 'submit' button.
5) select 'proto' and press the 'choose' button.
6) this returns to screen (2) and 'proto' should now be in the list.

Press 'Home' in the breadcrumbs area, and the 'proto' button should now be visible.

Re: Making the classroom example work [message #2614 is a reply to message #2613] Wed, 25 August 2010 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dsstanescu is currently offline  dsstanescu
It worked well.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Dan
Re: Making the classroom example work [message #2671 is a reply to message #2614] Tue, 15 February 2011 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
parkin11 is currently offline  parkin11
I am sorry to say that the method mentioned here didn't work in my case. I unzipped the file and produced the classroom directory. Then I loaded the contents but I couldn't run the scripts. I am a little bit confused as to what I should be doing now. I hope that AJM will help me in this regard.

"ALL IS WELL"
Re: Making the classroom example work [message #2676 is a reply to message #2671] Tue, 15 February 2011 14:01 Go to previous message
When you run Radicore do you see a menu item called "Proto" on the first page? If you select this item what do you see?

Previous Topic: Apache error
Next Topic: Radicore closes session automatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:33:12 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01190 seconds