Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Workflow » Pending workflow task on Home Page
Pending workflow task on Home Page [message #2439] Thu, 04 February 2010 23:04 Go to next message
ljkbrost is currently offline  ljkbrost
Just wondering if there is an easy way to change the way the workflow items show up on the Home Page. So instead of seeing:

Add Request Item where request_id='184c-c87a-3ea1e0c6aea9674'

Can it be changed to something more human friendly like:

Complete Service Request for John's client.

If so, where?

If not, where would be a good place to place hooks into the system?

Thanks!
Re: Pending workflow task on Home Page [message #2441 is a reply to message #2439] Fri, 05 February 2010 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
This is tricky, but can be done. It comes in two parts:

(1) I have modified 'menu.xsl' so that if it finds a column called 'link_text' it will use this instead of constructing the default '<task_desc> where <context>'.

(2) By default the output will not contain a column called 'link_text', but by customising the '_cm_post_getData()' method in the 'wf_workitem_role' and/or 'wf_workitem_user' classes you can construct whatever text you like.

Here is a example of the custom code which I used in the 'wf_workitem_role' class:

// insert custom text into LINK_TEXT
foreach ($rows as $rownum => $rowdata) {
    switch ($rowdata['task_id']) {
    case 'x_person_addr(add)':
        ini_set('include_path', ini_get('include_path') .PATH_SEPARATOR .'../xample');
        $dbobject =& singleton::getInstance('x_person');
        $data = $dbobject->getData($rowdata['context']);
        if (!empty($data)) {
            $data = $data[0];
            $link_text = $rowdata['task_desc'] .' for ' .$data['first_name'] .' ' .$data['last_name'];
            $rowdata['link_text'] = $link_text;
        } // if
     default:
        break;
    } // switch
    $rows[$rownum] = $rowdata;
} // foreach

As you can see it is not that simple. I have to identify the database table from which I need to extract the extra data, create a table instance, then read the data.

Be aware that this is a modification to the standard class, so any changes you make may be overwritten if you reload the standard files.

Re: Pending workflow task on Home Page [message #2442 is a reply to message #2441] Sat, 06 February 2010 06:21 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Here's a better implementation which does not involve changing the standard classes, so any customisations which you make will not get overwritten in a future release.

I have created a new directory called 'workflow/classes/custom-processing' which contains a file called 'example.zip'. This zip file contains some examples of how the standard classes can be customised. These custom classes have a prefix of 'cp_' so that they can be separated from the standard classes.

If you do not have any custom processing then do not place any class files in the 'custom-processing' directory.

I have modified the standard 'wf_workitem_role' and 'wf_workitem_user' classes so that when the '_cm_post_getData()' method is executed it will look in the 'custom-processing' directory for a 'cp_' class file. If one exists it will execute whatever code it finds in the '_cm_post_getData()' method. If a file cannot be found then the database data will not be altered.

Previous Topic: State Machine vs Sequential WF
Next Topic: Explicit OR-Split
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:29:02 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01090 seconds