Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » Generate Transactions Problem (Can't generate transactions)
Generate Transactions Problem [message #2680] Sat, 26 February 2011 07:30 Go to next message
barnabooth is currently offline  barnabooth
Hello,
I have on to different local systems (ubuntu 10.10 and mac os x via MAMP) successfully installed radicore 1.67.0. And the following applies for both systems. When I create a new subsystem (following the tutorial) everything went as expected until "2. Generate Transactions". When I come to "2.2 Select Transaction Pattern" the following errors occur. If I choose Pattern ID List1 it returns the error "Cannot open file ../default/<mysubsystem>.php". If I choose PatternID List2 the browser ask me to download the file "table(generate)b.php" instead of running it. The same is the case when I try to add a transaction for already existing subsystems.

I am definitively missing something. If you or someone else here could enlighten me I would be grateful.

Best regards
Re: Generate Transactions Problem [message #2681 is a reply to message #2680] Sat, 26 February 2011 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
I have tried this on my system and everything works as expected. It sounds to me like you have a faulty installation. That's why I avoid all these all-in-one installation packages and load each part individually.

When you generate a task from a pattern the file it uses as a template is called '../default/<pattern>.php' and not '../default/<mysubsystem>.php'. Attempts to download a php file instead of executing it points to a faulty installation with your web server - it is supposed to pass any file with a '.php' extension to the PHP executable and not download it.

BTW, which version of PHP are you using - 5.2 or 5.3? I have had a few reports of unusual behaviour with 5.3 which disappear after reverting to 5.2

Re: Generate Transactions Problem [message #2682 is a reply to message #2681] Sat, 26 February 2011 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your prompt answer. In Linux I have installed the programs separately, but as I am unused to mac os it felt more comfortably with MAMP. I have 5.3 and I will try to start from scratch (still with 5.3 though) and see it it goes better. Eventually it will (as always).
Re: Generate Transactions Problem [message #2683 is a reply to message #2682] Sun, 27 February 2011 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello again,

I can confirm that it was a php5.3 related problem. I can't generate any transaction in 5.3, in 5.2 i can (on both mac os and linux).

In 5.3 I can run everything I usually run without problems, only generate transactions doesn't work.

Thank you for your help!
Re: Generate Transactions Problem [message #2799 is a reply to message #2683] Thu, 22 September 2011 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
I have now got a working 5.3 installation. I had to ditch Zend Studio and switch to another IDE (PhpEd from www.nusphere.com) as Zend could not supply a working debugger. I have checked that Radicore runs under 5.3 without any problem, and this includes 'generate transaction'. If you have any problems after using one of these all-in-one installers I can only suggest that you try installing each component individually, as I do.

Re: Generate Transactions Problem [message #2800 is a reply to message #2799] Fri, 23 September 2011 08:35 Go to previous message
Thank you for your answer. I did an upgrade to version 1.71 (from 1.67) and the problem did automagically disappear. I don't use any all-in-one installers or frameworks by the way.

Thanks again!
Previous Topic: Failed opening required 'classes/php_session.class.inc'
Next Topic: Is this product still supported?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 01:01:37 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01134 seconds