Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » RADICORE on openSusSE (Login problems)
RADICORE on openSusSE [message #2764] Mon, 01 August 2011 02:35 Go to next message
mmaya
Hi, has anyone tried to install RADICORE on openSuse with success? av been trying to install it but only get to the index page and cant get to the login screen. Sad

Am using openSuse 11.4; hardware-platform:i386; processor:i686

any help thanks
MM
RADICORE on openSusSE [message #2765 is a reply to message #2764] Mon, 01 August 2011 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmaya
Oh I forgot to specify. Am using MySQL database

Thanks
MM
Re: RADICORE on openSusSE [message #2766 is a reply to message #2764] Mon, 01 August 2011 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Is this a local server or a remote server? Can you modify your php.ini file to contain the following:

error_reporting=E_ALL
display_errors=1
log_errors = On

If this doesn't display a meaningful error message then you will have to step through with your debugger to see what is wrong.

Re: RADICORE on openSusSE [message #2767 is a reply to message #2766] Mon, 01 August 2011 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmaya
Thanks for replying. It is a local server.

Av now edited my php.ini in /etc/php5/apache2.
Only the display_errors was off and av turned it to on. Now I get the error message below.

Warning: require(include.general.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/www/htdocs/radicore/menu/logon.php on line 25 Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'include.general.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php5/PEAR') in /srv/www/htdocs/radicore/menu/logon.php on line 25

Please help
Thanks
Re: RADICORE on openSusSE [message #2768 is a reply to message #2767] Mon, 01 August 2011 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You have not amended your include_path to point to the radicore/includes directory as instructed in item (3) of the installation instructions. You may leave this below your web root on your local server, but on a hosted server it is advisable to put this outside your web root so that the user/password in your config.inc file are more secure.

Re: RADICORE on openSusSE [message #2769 is a reply to message #2768] Mon, 01 August 2011 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmaya
Am sorry but I dont understand.

I had renamed htaccess.txt to .htaccess, and added the following:
php_value include_path ".:/srv/www/htdocs/radicore/includes
:/srv/www/htdocs/radicore/menu
:/srv/www/htdocs/radicore/audit
:/srv/www/htdocs/radicore/workflow"

Should it not be this?

MM
Re: RADICORE on openSusSE [message #2770 is a reply to message #2769] Mon, 01 August 2011 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are still not reading the installation instructions correctly. There is no need to include anything for the 'menu', 'audit' and 'workflow' directories.

You need to run phpinfo() to ensure that it has accepted your htaccess file and shows the amended include_path in its output. Have you configured Apache to accept htaccess files as per the installation instuctions?

Re: RADICORE on openSusSE [message #2771 is a reply to message #2770] Mon, 01 August 2011 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmaya
Ok av now taken off time again to slowly do the re-installation, followed the instructions you have just given me. I now notice the problem was in my default-server.conf file, i had not changed "AllowOverride None" to "AllowOverride All". Guess coz I was just copyng from another <Directory > ... </Directory> directive.

Thanks alot Sir. I am now able to get the logon screen. It however allows me to login as demo user with a demo password. My username and password give a "Security violation." message.

Part of my config.inc file has been edited to
} else {
$GLOBALS['dbusername'] = 'myusername'; // '****';
$GLOBALS['dbuserpass'] = 'mypassword'; // '****';

Where could i be going wrong again?

Thanks
MM
Re: RADICORE on openSusSE [message #2772 is a reply to message #2771] Mon, 01 August 2011 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have already told you that the dbusername and dbuserpass in the config.inc file are *NOT* associated with any user and password used in the login screen.

Re: RADICORE on openSusSE [message #2773 is a reply to message #2772] Mon, 01 August 2011 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmaya
Thanks it nw works.

Goodday
Re: RADICORE on openSusSE [message #3411 is a reply to message #2773] Sat, 02 February 2013 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dleec45 is currently offline  dleec45
Getting the following errors:
Warning: require(include.general.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in F:\wamp\www\radicore\menu\logon.php on line 28
Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'include.general.inc' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in F:\wamp\www\radicore\menu\logon.php on line 28

This is in my htaccess.txt
php_value include_path ".;F:\wamp\includes"

This reference to C:\php..... puzzles me as I can't find that in any file and don't have a C:\php folder so where is this coming from and why isn't the include being found.....when I run phpinfo I do find that core has the following (include_path .;C:\php\pear .;C:\php\pear) and don't know where to look to change it.....any suggestions greately appreciated....regards
Re: RADICORE on openSusSE [message #3412 is a reply to message #3411] Sat, 02 February 2013 09:12 Go to previous message
There are defualt settings for various things in your php.ini file.

RADICORE expects the directory 'radicore/includes'to be in your include_path, as documented in section #1 of http://www.radicore.org/installation.php

Previous Topic: MySQL error on Generate PHP
Next Topic: Logon issues
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:38:40 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01195 seconds