Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » Hosting Environment prevents Installation (MySQL won't allow creation of database names menu,audit, etc)
Hosting Environment prevents Installation [message #2807] Tue, 04 October 2011 21:30 Go to next message
rl4518 is currently offline  rl4518
Running into several issues when installing Radicore on the godaddy.com hosting service.

Not sure if there are work arounds for these, but thought I should ask before I get too deep.

1) The MySQL implementation 5.0.91-log, via phpadmin web admin interface, wont allow the creation of databases with names like menu, or dict or audit, etc. It would seem that their database names are global and therefore must be unique across their customer's domain (absurd). Will Radicore work if I'm forced to rename the Radicore internal databases? Names like, radicore_menu, for the menu database, or something similar?

2) The hosting site's implementation of PHP won't allow the directives php_value 'assignment'. Will a php5.ini file, set to the appropriate values work instead?

-thanks
Re: Hosting Environment prevents Installation [message #2811 is a reply to message #2807] Sun, 09 October 2011 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
No, Radicore will not work if you try to use a single database as the names MENU, AUDIT, WORKFLOW etc are all hard coded.

If your hosting service won't allow you to create more than one MySQL database then I suggest that you switch to another more professional service. You will also need the ability to specify PHP values in htaccess files.

Re: Hosting Environment prevents Installation [message #2857 is a reply to message #2811] Mon, 26 December 2011 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, i'm not trying to use a "single" database. I'm trying to use the code as written where each internal function has a table. I'm creating a "database" named "menu", "audit" and so forth. These "database" names conflict with the global "database" names at the hosting site. GoDaddy.com is a rather large hosting site in the Western US.

Is there some parameter file where I may change the "database name"? For example from menu to radicore_menu, or something unique across the domain of this hosting site.

It isn't always easy to change things, like a hosting site as I'm sure someone with your foresight of design must know.

-thanks
Re: Hosting Environment prevents Installation [message #2859 is a reply to message #2857] Tue, 27 December 2011 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
It sounds like GoDaddy aren't doing a professional job of web hosting. All the other hosting companies I know of allow you to use whatever database names you like as they are *always* prefixed by your domain/account name. Thus on my www.radicore.org website my account name is 'radicore', so all my databases are prefixed with 'radicore_'. This makes it easy for the hosting company to easily identify which database belongs to which account, and it makes it easy to configure phpMyAdmin to limit access to only those databases which are owned by each account.

If your 2nd-rate hosting company does not do this automaticaly, then you will have to add the 'radicore_' (or whatever you choose) prefix manually. You must then ensure that you specify the exact same prefix in the $GLOBALS['dbprefix'] variable in your config.inc file. The Radicore framework will then automatically combine the prefix with each database name at runtime.

Re: Hosting Environment prevents Installation [message #2861 is a reply to message #2859] Tue, 27 December 2011 12:37 Go to previous message
Thank you. I assumed that a product as well designed and felixible as yours would have a way to overcome the limitations of hosting companies.

I shall try your suggestion.

Previous Topic: logon error
Next Topic: Login Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 01:00:11 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01155 seconds