Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » V1.73.0 cannot logon
V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #2920] Sat, 17 March 2012 22:54 Go to next message
kong is currently offline  kong
Apache Version : 2.2.21
PHP Version : 5.3.10
MySQL Version : 5.5.20

After installing Radicore V1.73.0, logon with mgr/password and logon screen will show in green the following msg "You must log in to access this system.". After entering the same user and password again, this msg disappears but still remains at logon screen with the same green msg above and cycle starts over again.

Then, without changing anything, just copy V1.72.0 Radicore files overwriting the existing V1.73.0 files, and logon will be successful.
Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #2922 is a reply to message #2920] Sun, 18 March 2012 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
I cannot duplicate this problem on my system. Can you step through with your debugger to see what is happening?

Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #2963 is a reply to message #2922] Tue, 01 May 2012 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did not have a chance to setup a debugger yet to go through this line by line.
But noticed same problem in V1.74.0 also. I checked the database table mnu_user and noticed that the logon_date and logon_time are being updated correctly every time we try logon, hence the logon authentication appears successful, but somehow does not get passed the logon screen message. Does this provide any new pointers to the problem? Any other quicker way to narrow down diagnosis besides stepping through the code?
Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #2964 is a reply to message #2963] Wed, 02 May 2012 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cannot possibly fix this problem unless you can supply me with an error message. You need to ensure that you have the right settings in your php.ini file to display any errors. You should also look in PHP's error log.

The only time that Radicore will output a blank screen is when the script is terminated abnormally, such as when a required file cannot be found, or if a function does not exist.

Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #2971 is a reply to message #2964] Sat, 12 May 2012 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
edortizq is currently offline  edortizq

I have the same problem with version 1.74, using debug I can see at line 96

if (count($_SESSION) <= 1) {
// if $_SESSION is empty then $_POST must be empty as well
$_POST = array();
} // if

The $_SESSION array is empty and the $_POST array has 4 elements
user_id: mgr
user_password: password
submit: LOGIN
session_name: menu0

At this time the $_POST array is cleaned and the login data is lost, when comment line 98 the framework works!!
Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #2972 is a reply to message #2971] Sun, 13 May 2012 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When you first access the login.php script there is no current session, therefore $_SESSION is empty. $_POST is also treated as empty as you have not entered any details yet, so it will display a blank screen. The $_SESSION array is populated with default values, such as 'css_file' and 'rows_per_page'.

After you have entered your id and password and pressed the LOGIN button this will be the 2nd execution of this script, and you will find that both the $_SESSION and $_POST arrays should *NOT* be empty. If the $_SESSION array *IS* empty at this point then you have a problem. You need to see what happens when session_start() is executed on line 42.

[Updated on: Sun, 13 May 2012 04:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #2973 is a reply to message #2972] Sun, 13 May 2012 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yes, when the 2nd execution is going on then $_SESSION array is EMPTY, but $_POST has data. I will analize session_start() as soon as possible
Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #3068 is a reply to message #2973] Sat, 29 September 2012 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robgratt is currently offline  robgratt
Hi, edortizq,

I am having exactly the same problem.

Did you get it solved? If so, what did you do?

Rob Grattan
Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #3069 is a reply to message #3068] Sat, 29 September 2012 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a similar problem on a new installation after replacing my old laptop with a new one. It turns out that I had cookies turned OFF in my browser, and as the session name is passed around in a cookie, and the cookie wasn't being saved, the post-logon process was looking for a cookie that wasn't there, so it assumed that the logon process had not been successful and returned to the logon screen. All I had to do was enable cookies for that domain in my browser and everything burst into life as usual.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 May 2014 04:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #3070 is a reply to message #3069] Sun, 30 September 2012 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, AJM,

Thanks for the reply.

As this is not a production machine I have my cookies set to 'Accept All', so it's not that.

How can I check to see if the cookie is actually being set?

Rob

Rob Grattan
Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #3071 is a reply to message #3070] Sun, 30 September 2012 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you are using one of the modern browsers you should have the ability to view cookies. In IE9 go to Developer Tools, and on the 'Cache' tab is an option called 'View cookie information'. In Firefox go to the Web Developer Toolbar, and on the 'Cookies' tab is an option called 'View Cookie Information'.

You should also have the following settings in either your php.ini file or a htaccess file:
php_value session.use_cookies 1
php_value session.use_only_cookies 1
php_value session.use_trans_sid 0

Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #3072 is a reply to message #3068] Sun, 30 September 2012 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Rob, I still have commented the line 98 of logon.php script, like this:

if (count($_SESSION) <= 1) {
// if $_SESSION is empty then $_POST must be empty as well
//$_POST = array();
} // if

It work's perfectly for me!!
Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #3077 is a reply to message #3072] Tue, 02 October 2012 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, edortizq,

Did as you said and it works! Thanks a lot!

However, I'm getting a lot of:

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_real_escape_string() in C:\wamp\www\radicore\includes\dml.mysql.class.inc on line 908"

I don't use Mysqli. I'd better have a look...

Rob

Rob Grattan
Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #3082 is a reply to message #3077] Wed, 03 October 2012 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Radicore uses the extension_loaded() function to determine if the 'mysqli' extension has been loaded, and if it has it will use it. This sounds like an installation issue (are you using WAMP?) If you are not using the mysqli extension then don't load it.

Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #3084 is a reply to message #3082] Thu, 04 October 2012 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, AJM,

I have checked in my php.ini and the extension=mysqli.dll is commented out.

Is there somewhere else I need to check?

I'm determined to get his working, so please bear with me...

Rob

Rob Grattan
Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #3085 is a reply to message #3084] Thu, 04 October 2012 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is the output from extension_loaded('mysqli') ?

Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #3600 is a reply to message #3085] Thu, 28 March 2013 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mdsabz is currently offline  mdsabz
When I provide the credentials "MGR" and "password" to the radicore system, I get the following message "You must log in to access this system". My Cookies on Firefox browser are enabled, and I've also followed posts related to the same issue, but not with much success.

Any cues on how to go about rectifying this, shall truly appreciate. I do not have any debugger associated which adds up for the failure as I cannot track where things could go wrong.

sabz

Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #3603 is a reply to message #3600] Thu, 28 March 2013 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you see if any session cookies have actually been created? Is there anything in the PHP_SESSION table in the AUDIT database?

You really ought to get a debugger so that you can step through the code. This is a great help when trying to track down errors as you can see exactly what is going wrong instead of having to make a guess.

Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #3604 is a reply to message #3603] Fri, 29 March 2013 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your reply, well I did have a look in the PHP_SESSION table in the AUDIT database, there are no rows in the table. Any hints what might be wrong here.

Yeah I'm just wondering which debugger should I opt for, which would be the best one, will it be fine if I try out eclipse environment, your thoughts on these please.
Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #3607 is a reply to message #3604] Fri, 29 March 2013 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the cookie is being created in the browser but does not appear in the database then you need to check the database credentials in the config.inc file.

There are several free IDEs out there which include the ability to run a debugger. My first IDE was PHPEDit from http://www.phpedit.com, but I gave that up and switched to Zend Studio. I have used Netbeans (briefly) and Eclipse (also briefly). My current IDE is PHPEd from http://www.nusphere.com. There are plenty to choose from, from free and non-free, so the choice is yours.

Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #3608 is a reply to message #3607] Fri, 29 March 2013 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've progressed a little on the cookies front, well, first time when the page is loaded http://localhost/radicore; when I check the php_session table in the audit database, there is a session row which is created.

I then enter the user name: "MGR" and password: "password", a message is displayed "You must log in to access this system.". Going back to the database, the php_session table now does not contain any rows.

Any pointers here. Thanks for the environment options, I'll try to set up one immediately.
Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #3609 is a reply to message #3608] Fri, 29 March 2013 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cannot duplicate this error on my system, so I cannot see what is going wrong. Ehen you have set up your debugger you will have to step through the code to see where it is failing.

Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #3612 is a reply to message #3609] Fri, 29 March 2013 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am in the process of downloading and installing nusphere.

Meanwhile, I downgraded PHP from 5.3 to 5.1 as per some suggestions on the forum, here there was an error with respect to time zone, this led to searching on the forums and resulting in changes in php.ini file(date.timezone) was set correctly to match that of the system. The changes to the php.ini file made the UI appear smoothly.

Thanks for your help and support, truly appreciate.
Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #3613 is a reply to message #3612] Fri, 29 March 2013 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm glad you got it sorted out. I'm actually running with PHP version 5.4.13, and there wasn't anything I had to change to use it, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #3863 is a reply to message #2920] Wed, 23 October 2013 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ffflyaway is currently offline  ffflyaway
My Cookies on Firefox browser are enabled, and I've also followed posts related to the same issue, but not with much success.

Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon [message #3865 is a reply to message #3863] Wed, 23 October 2013 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You will need to step through with your debugger to see why the logon screen is not saving the session data, or why the next screen is not reading that session data.

Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon (SOLVED) [message #3870 is a reply to message #2920] Wed, 06 November 2013 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This problem can be isolated to file php_session.class.inc, function gc.

Starting from version 1.73 _dml_deleteSelection("last_updated < DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL $max_lifetime SECOND)") is used as criteria to clean up the session table during logon process. MYSQL will produce dates and time in the timezone of localhost while PHP uses UTC as default timezone. Hence, if your localhost pc runs for example an Asian timezone, your logon session will always be wiped out by the garbage collector function gc. When I change my pc timezone to UTC, it works fine. Also, if I revert function gc back to what it was in version 1.72 it works fine too, because there all time and dates are derived from PHP functions, no mixing up of SQL and PHP dates.

I suspect you can replicate this problem by setting your localhost pc timezone to UTC +5 or greater.
Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon (SOLVED) [message #3871 is a reply to message #3870] Wed, 06 November 2013 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It just goes to show what can happen if the timezones on your server are not kept in sync. I'm glad you solved your problem, and thanks for sharing your solution.

Re: V1.73.0 cannot logon (SOLVED) [message #3874 is a reply to message #3871] Sat, 09 November 2013 06:12 Go to previous message
Following your suggestion via a private message I will implement the solution identified at http://www.sitepoint.com/synchronize-php-mysql-timezone-conf iguration/ to automatically synchronise the MySQL timezone with PHP's timezone.. This will be available in the next release.

Previous Topic: built-in installer?
Next Topic: Has anyone had a successful WAMP installation?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:06:31 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01743 seconds