Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » Not detecting MySQL version
Not detecting MySQL version [message #3078] Tue, 02 October 2012 21:24 Go to next message
robgratt is currently offline  robgratt
Hi,

I'm getting the following error:

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_real_escape_string() in C:\wamp\www\radicore\includes\dml.mysql.class.inc on line 908"

I re-ead the installation instructions and cam across:

"NOTE: this code will work for both PHP 4 and PHP 5, and (if using a MySQL database) automatically detect if you have loaded the old 'mysql' extension or the new and improved 'mysqli' extension."

It seems that the MySQL version type isn't being picked up.

I'm running Win 7 with MySQL version 5.1.33 and Apache 2.2.11
and PHP 5.2.9-2.

All help appreciated!

Rob

Rob Grattan
Re: Not detecting MySQL version [message #3081 is a reply to message #3078] Wed, 03 October 2012 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Radicore uses the extension_loaded() function to determine if the 'mysqli' extension has been loaded, and if it has it will use it. This sounds like an installation issue with WAMP. If you are not using the mysqli extension then don't load it.

Re: Not detecting MySQL version [message #3094 is a reply to message #3081] Mon, 08 October 2012 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robgratt is currently offline  robgratt
Sorry,

I thought I'd already posted this.

The mysqli extension is definately commented out in php.ini.

Now I get error messages like this:

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_real_escape_string() in C:\wamp\www\radicore\includes\dml.mysql.class.inc on line 908
Call Stack"

Anyone any ideas?

Rob

Rob Grattan
Re: Not detecting MySQL version [message #3096 is a reply to message #3094] Mon, 08 October 2012 02:04 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Did you restart Apache after commenting out that extension in your php.ini file? What value are you getting from extension_loaded() ? If returns TRUE then Radicore will assume that the whole extenion has been loaded and that you want to use it. If it later fails because it cannot find mysqli_real_escape_string() then it points to a problem with your PHP installation. I have heard of similar problems with these all-in-one packages like WAMP before, which is why I never use them.

Previous Topic: Apache modules
Next Topic: Upgrade Procedure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:37:47 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01067 seconds