Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » Partial Installation it seems (Some parts of the framwework are not working)
Partial Installation it seems [message #3285] Sat, 05 January 2013 10:02 Go to next message
johnftr is currently offline  johnftr
I have installed version 1.77 on Windows running XAMPP. I have php 5.
Once installed I am able to create a new subsystem. It goes as far as creating the underlying directories and creating the additional subsystem name as a menu button at the top level.

When I navigate back to home I have the following buttons:
Menu System, Transix and the name of my subsystem (TEST).

When I try to get to the subsystem by clicking on that link all I see is my username displayed,the Home Page banner and then below that Session Data and List Favourites (and then Change PW, TO-DO and MOTD)

I cannot see how to get to the subsystem menu to allow me to import data etc or actually get underway with the subsystem.

I thought I had followed all the installation steps correctly - the tables are created and loaded with data from the relevant .sql scripts. I have the correct include path (using php.ini rather than the htaccess method).

Thoughts / help / comments would be very welcome as I'd love to use this RAD environment.

Re: Partial Installation it seems [message #3286 is a reply to message #3285] Sun, 06 January 2013 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Please follow the tutorial at http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/radicore-tutorial.html# initialisation. All you have done so far is:

You still have to do the following:

• Import Database
  • Import Column details
  • Define Relationships
  • Export to PHP

Then you can start to build your transactions as outlined in 2. Generate Transactions. It is only when you build your transactions that they will appear on the subsystem menu.
Re: Partial Installation it seems [message #3287 is a reply to message #3286] Sun, 06 January 2013 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's the whole problem Tony. I do not see how to import the database. The menu options that are shown in the installation instructions for database import step are not there on my installation..
In the tutorial it has two vital menu buttons on the list subsystem that I do NOT see. These are DATABASES and AUDIT TRAIL. Have I missed an SQL IMPORT file somewhere? I have repeated the installation now twice and have the same results.
Perplexed. I would love to be able to generate a system to replace my old hand-coded applications and to build additional functionality.
Thanks for your further advice.

Re: Partial Installation it seems [message #3288 is a reply to message #3287] Sun, 06 January 2013 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You may have an incomplete version of the radicore/menu/sql/<db>/menu-data.sql file,which means that you will have to import each of the subsystem's data individually from the radicore/<subsystem>/sql/<subsystem>.menu_export.sql files

Then you can follow the procedure described in 3.1 Import Database

[Updated on: Sun, 06 January 2013 08:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Partial Installation it seems [message #3289 is a reply to message #3288] Sun, 06 January 2013 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excluding the classroom, survey, product or xample databases ...
As I understand it I need the following tables from the installation - Audit (created but empty), dict, menu and workflow.
After installation and the SQL loading step ....

The dict database has been created with 6 tables (with 686 total records). I have used the radicore/dict/sql/mysql/ schema and data sql scripts.

The menu database has 22 tables (1054 total records) with data from the radicore/menu/sql/mysql schema, data and mnu_user scripts.

The workflow database has 7 tables with a total of 70 records using the schema and data sql scripts.

Are there other core components (other than the examples of classroom etc)that I am missing? There are scripts at the higher level radicore/workflow/sql for example or radicore/menu/sql/ menu.menu_export, menu_delete, misc.menu_export, mnu_role_task etc
These are not mentioned in the installationguide.
Thanks.

Re: Partial Installation it seems [message #3290 is a reply to message #3289] Sun, 06 January 2013 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It would appear that I included the wrong version of menu-data.sql in the download (which I have now fixed), so attached is a proper copy with all the missing data.
  • Attachment: menu-data.zip
    (Size: 28.89KB, Downloaded 901 times)

Re: Partial Installation it seems [message #3291 is a reply to message #3290] Sun, 06 January 2013 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you very much! I know how much effort it all takes to do!
Re: Partial Installation it seems [message #3292 is a reply to message #3290] Sun, 06 January 2013 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aaaahhhhhhh - success Smile Thanks!
Re: Partial Installation it seems [message #3302 is a reply to message #3292] Thu, 10 January 2013 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just thought I would try out the sample apps and came across a couple of small issues.
The first is that the instructions ask you to create the empty / shell databases first - and then run the SQL scripts. The schema script attempts to create the database within it and this fires an error that database already exists. Removing the line from the script (or not creating an empty database beforehand fixes this). The other issue which may cause folks problems is the TYPE=. This should probably read ENGINE= for some versions.
Re: Partial Installation it seems [message #3303 is a reply to message #3292] Thu, 10 January 2013 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it's just the classroom import schema script for the TYPE= error
Re: Partial Installation it seems [message #3305 is a reply to message #3303] Thu, 10 January 2013 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought I had fixed those some while ago Sad

I've updated the sql scripts, and they will be in the next release.

Re: Partial Installation it seems [message #3308 is a reply to message #3305] Thu, 10 January 2013 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be happy to help test things if you need ... Smile
Re: Partial Installation it seems [message #3309 is a reply to message #3308] Thu, 10 January 2013 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've uploaded the changed files, so you can go ahead and test them.

Re: Partial Installation it seems [message #3315 is a reply to message #3309] Fri, 11 January 2013 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Tony
I downloaded the windows.zip 1.77 version for testing
The Classroom, Product and Survey schema scripts include the create database statement still. These will fire an error if you have already created the database manually as specified in the installation:
<li>Create each database/schema manually (menu, dict, audit, workflow, classroom, product, survey, xample).</li>
<li>Create the tables in those databases/schemas from the <code>???-schema.sql</code> scripts.</li>
The xample script still has the TYPE= set in it, but does not have the create database.
Hope this helps.
Cheers, John
Re: Partial Installation it seems [message #3316 is a reply to message #3315] Fri, 11 January 2013 11:00 Go to previous message
Silly me! I changed the scripts for each of the prototypes, and them zipped them, but I forgot to include them in the larger radicore zip file. That has now been fixed.

Previous Topic: Installation file inconsistencies / demo user access
Next Topic: Help ! Can not log In Radicore v1.76.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 18 22:13:11 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03505 seconds