Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » Installation file inconsistencies / demo user access
Installation file inconsistencies / demo user access [message #3311] Thu, 10 January 2013 18:53 Go to next message
divico is currently offline  divico
Hi,
I just did a complete install of 1.77 and experienced the following issues:

1.) Creating a user results in the following error:

Fatal Error: MySQL: Unknown column 'radius_id' in 'field list' (# 1054).
SQL query: INSERT INTO mnu_user ...

I think the problem occured because mnu_user is created with columns `external_id` and `is_external_auth_off` where as dict-data.sql loads `radius_id` and `is_radius_auth_off` into the dictionary. I hit the problem because I turned auditing off, followed by a PHP export.
I assume the create table is correct, so I manually adjusted the dict on my system.

2.) The demo user can only be used when the samples are installed (demo has an initial task defined, that must have been changed, it is not the case on my current system). Without having the samples installed the following happens:
When the demo user logs on, the motd is displayed (but no menu) and when the close button is pressed on the motd screen, the logon menu is shown again.
Unpleasant is that there is no error message shown.
An error message is only displayed when the motd is deleted.
A similar behavior is noticeable when roles survey1 and admin access the system. In the default installation they lack access to the main menu and will be instantly logged off without an error message as well.
I think it would be beneficial to have a proper error message also with a motd present

Regards
Re: Installation file inconsistencies / demo user access [message #3312 is a reply to message #3311] Fri, 11 January 2013 02:24 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
1) You should not have hit this problem unless you tried exporting from the data dictionary to rebuild the mnu_user.dict.inc file as the copy in the download has the correct names. I shall amend the dict-data.sql files so that they are fixed in the next release.

2) This is by design. The 'demo' user has access *ONLY* to the prototype applications, so if you haven't installed them then there is nothing to access.

Previous Topic: Upgrade Procedure
Next Topic: Partial Installation it seems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:06:41 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00865 seconds