Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » MySQL error on Generate PHP
MySQL error on Generate PHP [message #3398] Wed, 30 January 2013 14:11 Go to next message
johnftr is currently offline  johnftr
I have installed the radicore framework on a hosted enviroment.
I have logged in as MGR, created a new subsystem and imported my chosen database, tables and exported columns etc. I have defined a single relationship - all without problems.
When I came to the first Generate PHP on (any - this selected as example)the beat table to create a simple List1 task I get the following error:
2013-01-30 16:32:08
Fatal Error: MySQL: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-menu.mnu_subsystem ON (mnu_subsystem.subsys_id=dict_database.subsys_id)
WHERE ' at line 4 (# 1064).
SQL query: SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS dict_table.database_id, dict_table.table_id, dict_database.subsys_id, mnu_subsystem.subsys_dir
FROM dict_table
LEFT JOIN dict_database ON (dict_database.database_id=dict_table.database_id)
LEFT JOIN web176-menu.mnu_subsystem ON (mnu_subsystem.subsys_id=dict_database.subsys_id)
WHERE dict_table.database_id='bdnw' AND dict_table.table_id='beat'
ORDER BY dict_table.database_id, dict_table.table_id asc
LIMIT 1 OFFSET 0
Error in line 577 of file '/home/sites/bdnw.org.uk/public_html/coords/radicore/include s/dml.mysqli.class.inc'.
Host Info: Localhost via UNIX socketServer Version: 5.5.25a-logClient Version: mysqlnd 5.0.8-dev - 20102224 - $Revision: 321634 $, Character sets - client: utf8, - connection: utf8, - database: latin1, - server: latin1
PHP_SELF: /coords/radicore/dict/table(generate)a.php
CURRENT DIRECTORY: /home/sites/bdnw.org.uk/public_html/coords/radicore/dict
SERVER_ADDR: 79.170.43.200
SERVER_NAME: bdnw.org.uk
HTTP_HOST: bdnw.org.uk
User Id: MGR
REMOTE_ADDR: 82.22.151.7
REQUEST_URI: /coords/radicore/dict/table(generate)a.php?session_name=menu 1
Page Stack:
<pre>
[0] main_menu
[1] dictionary
[2] dict_table(list1)
[3] dict_table(enq1)
[4] dict_table(generate)a

Is this a hosting mysql issue? Any thoughts? It all works fine on my local machine,

Re: MySQL error on Generate PHP [message #3399 is a reply to message #3398] Wed, 30 January 2013 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
You are using a value for $dbprefix on your web host, and I can see that it is complaining about the value of 'web176-' which has been added to the 'menu' database in the JOIN clause. A hyphen is not valid, so you should be using an underscore.

Re: MySQL error on Generate PHP [message #3400 is a reply to message #3399] Thu, 31 January 2013 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Upon closer inspection I see that a hyphen in a database name can be made valid if it is enclosed in double quotes, which my code was supposed to do. Embarassed Attached is an updated version of 'dict_table_s03.class.inc' which fixes this problem.

Re: MySQL error on Generate PHP [message #3401 is a reply to message #3400] Thu, 31 January 2013 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whoops! Similar problem in another file. Fix attached.

Re: MySQL error on Generate PHP [message #3402 is a reply to message #3401] Thu, 31 January 2013 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnftr is currently offline  johnftr
As ever, many many thanks Tony.
My hosting company enforces the web###- db prefix so there was no way around it without a fix to core code.

On a separate installation note, this hosting company does not allow individual .htaccess files. The easiest way around the include path problem was simply to create a one line php.ini at the radicore doc root and enter the statement include_path = "whatever/your/path/is/here".

On my own development environment I have a standard include path for all my system but that is in the main php.ini.

Other folks may have the same issue when using a hosted environment.

Once again, Thanks, John
Re: MySQL error on Generate PHP [message #3403 is a reply to message #3402] Thu, 31 January 2013 04:45 Go to previous message
I always aim to please. If you find any limitations or restrictions with your hosting company which can only be handled by a fix or change to the core Radicore code then please let me know and I will see what can be done.

Previous Topic: Help ! Can not log In Radicore v1.76.0
Next Topic: RADICORE on openSusSE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:17:55 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01111 seconds