Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » override auto rdcaccount_id clause in a manually extended SQL
Re: override auto rdcaccount_id clause in a manually extended SQL [message #2014 is a reply to message #1990] Tue, 21 April 2009 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gpatti is currently offline  gpatti
This version solves the problem as described. During testing I found another similar variation, which gave the primary key not complete error. This version solves the error but the transaction behaviour has changed.

The scenario is a LIST1 transaction using a table WITH rdcaccount_id in the primary key navigating to a LINK transaction linking to a table WITHOUT rdcaccount_id. The link table itself has rdcaccount_id and the primary key of the second table as its key.

Previously the form displayed all entries from the secondary table, with the linked rows marked as selected.

Now the form only displays the linked entries, so I've lost the ability to link and unlink entries.

I suspect the problem is as a result of the design of the keys I have used being impacted by the correction in the framework. I was linking to the outer table using ONLY rdcaccount_id because my application forces that only one entry can exist in the outer table per rdcaccount_id. I probably need to add another field as key (in fact I have, but didn't make any app changes as it worked ok).

If you think it might still be a bug in the framework please let me know. I'll hold off changing my app till you've had chance to consider it.

Graham

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message