Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Bug Reports » Typo in workitem(timeout).php
Re: Typo in workitem(timeout).php [message #2488 is a reply to message #2486] Wed, 07 April 2010 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ljkbrost is currently offline  ljkbrost
There are instances where I have workflows that need to be completed within minutes. For example, there is a support ticketing process that sends an email message when a URGENT request is raised. If that request is not acknowledged within 15 minutes a text message is initiated and at the 30 minute mark the Manager's are notified.

There are also instances where I interface with external batching systems where I need to query the outcome of an external event within 5-10 minutes. If we wait an hour the system appears slow and unresponsive even though it is not.

Looking at the code base it is a simple date/time field that has the offset applied to it. So having an hourly or a full time field HH:MM to be applied to it is just a matter of changing the input screen accordingly. I can make the changes to my copy of the framework and just replicate those changes when I d/l the latest version. But that become a maintenance issue when handling upgrades.

I just think the power of the framework is part of it's flexibility and enforcing artificial restrictions takes away some of that flexibility.

Cheers,

Kyle Brost
----
www.softelephant.com

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: workflow security issue.
Next Topic: FAQ - Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 10:08:54 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07522 seconds