Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » What does "create a component script" mean?
Re: What does "create a component script" mean? [message #292 is a reply to message #286] Mon, 25 September 2006 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Acharn is currently offline  Acharn
AJM wrote on Thu, 21 September 2006 16:48

Believe it or not you cannot create a working application without using an editor (preferably a full-blown IDE with debug capabilities) to create PHP scripts. You will need to edit class files to insert business rules, and you will need to edit screen files to define screen contents.

If you think the small amount of code you have to create is too much for you, try achieving the same thing WITHOUT the Radicore framework and you will see a big difference - all that HTML, all that SQL, all that input validation, all that code ...

Please don't misunderstand me -- I'm not objecting to doing that! In fact I agree it's a couple orders of magnitude easier than the approach I've seen before, where I would have to create the entire list, detail, search, and post (or CRUD) pages from scratch. I just wasn't sure what was meant by "create" in this context. I thought they might be generated automatically by some other action, since there are templates for them.

Quote:

BTW, I am working on a faster way to create the component scripts and the screen files by pressing a button on the Update Task screen, but it will not be ready for some time.

That sounds useful.

Roger

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Failure with Rename Task
Next Topic: how to handle blobs?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 03:34:34 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08154 seconds