Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Application Development » ERROR: 22P02: invalid input syntax for integer ( LINE 1: SELECT count(*) FROM idps WHERE uid='' ^ LOCATION: pg_atoi, numutils.c:52)
Re: ERROR: 22P02: invalid input syntax for integer [message #4948 is a reply to message #4946] Fri, 28 August 2015 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
rafs is currently offline  rafs
I think my field 'uid' is already a serial data type. This link shows that the serial is just an integer with a default of nextval('idps_uid_seq') function set to the named SEQUENCE.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/datatype-numeric.h tml, Section 8.1.4).

Also, I tested this insert from command line using psql and it does insert the (DEFAULT) next value into my 'uid' field for this record:
INSERT INTO idps (idp_type, idp_id, idp_calc, idp_status) VALUES ('idp', 1, 'idp1', 0)

In my case, the field, 'uid', is not the PK, it is a candidate key with UNIQUE constraint. (The PK is a compound key from idp_type, idp_id.)
Is the framework using $pkey variable to mean only PUBLIC KEY only, or does it include UNIQUE KEYs as well?

Quoting you from the link you mention (above), you say, $pkey, but my field is not a PK...
Quote:

With PostgreSQL the same can be achieved with:

$query = "SELECT currval('" .$tablename .'_' .$pkey ."_seq')";
$result = pg_query($link, $query) or trigger_error($this, E_USER_ERROR);
$id = pg_fetch_result($result, 0, 0);

This is because the SERIAL keyword makes use of a counter with the default name of <tablename>_<fieldname>_seq. This can be accessed using the currval() and nextval() functions.

Could this be the issue?

[Updated on: Fri, 28 August 2015 15:41]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How to provide choices for two compound foreign keys in a form?
Next Topic: Running batch jobs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 07 00:14:51 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01100 seconds