Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Using Created_Date, Revised_Date
Re: Using Created_Date, Revised_Date [message #4953 is a reply to message #1284] Sat, 29 August 2015 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
rafs is currently offline  rafs
Tony,

Tacking on here regarding created_user, and revised_user...

I have an existing data set where all the tables have:
created_at 	timestamp without time zone
created_by 	integer
updated_at 	timestamp without time zone
updated_by 	integer

I am attempting to design the DB such that it will work with two web app frameworks simultaneously--RADICORE and another framework (whose name shall not be spoken, but rhymes with "Ache" PHP). This other framework uses integers for the 'users' table. If I were only using RADICORE, then I could change the field names and change the datatypes to varchar(16). And I would do a SQL query to CAST all of the existing users records from integer into strings (once as a batch). But to work with both in an ongoing way...

(1) Is it possible to make this work? Will the RADICORE detect that the users field in my DB is an integer and attempt to CAST from the varchar value that is stored in MNU_users (or whichever table contains the RADICORE users)?

(2) Do the field names need to be named exactly the same as you have them--'created_user', 'created_date', 'revised_user', 'revised_date'--in order to work with RADICORE's auto_insert, and auto_update?

[Updated on: Sat, 29 August 2015 23:38]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Replace detail screen label
Next Topic: How do I display the "Parent Field" (s) of the linked entities instead of their Primary Keys in a LI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 26 08:26:59 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01242 seconds