Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Search when some columns are dropdown lists
Re: Search when some columns are dropdown lists [message #537 is a reply to message #517] Thu, 11 January 2007 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
David Lee is currently offline  David Lee
This post is mainly to help any others who come down this same track, rather than pursing any further options.

As my lookup array comes from another table, this implies that to use this functionality I need to
1) Modify the MySQL field name on that table to fklocation_id
2) Re-import the table into radicore
3) Re-setup the realtionships
4) Export the dictionary for that table
5) Edited any scripts that reference the old field name

Rather more work than I hoped, especially as in my complete system I have 6 tables which may be used as drop-down lists.

Maybe I should check out two other possibilities I vaguely remember appearing in the documentation:
1) Create a subclass with the modified field name - something like this was possible for handling some kind of name conflict
2) Can the GetExtraData routine be forced to return the array with the name of fklocation_id?

Thinking about the possible problems with those routes, I think I had better change the database field names, and keep to Tony's convention, which allows the system to fully work. Otherwise I may find similar problems elsewhere.

I did also try using a pop-up list, and found that such lists assume that the index field is a short form version of the item, and normally display that short form. I had not seen this documented anywhere, but as my index fields are numeric, caused me to drop that idea.

David Lee

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message