Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Framework » Changing screen look
Changing screen look [message #7860] Fri, 09 August 2024 10:07 Go to next message
htManager is currently offline  htManager
How can I change the look of the screens? In the new version 2.29.0 the look has changed. Do I have to change the style_custom.css?
Re: Changing screen look [message #7861 is a reply to message #7860] Sat, 10 August 2024 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
How has it changed? I don't recall changing any CSS files.

Re: Changing screen look [message #7862 is a reply to message #7861] Sun, 11 August 2024 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I attached a jpg file where you can see what I mean. I really like the new look. Where can I change the old to the new look?
Re: Changing screen look [message #7863 is a reply to message #7862] Mon, 12 August 2024 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That screenshot looks like the one that appears if your installation contains an extra directory called 'responsive-web'. This is the only directory that contains the CSS files which produce that look. Just remove this directory and the original CSS files will be used instead.

Re: Changing screen look [message #7864 is a reply to message #7863] Mon, 12 August 2024 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cannot find a directory 'responsive-web'.
I copied the directory 'css' from the downloaded version 2.29.0 into my radicore directory and I got the same result. Could it be that the css files in the download-version 2.29.0 are still the old ones?
Re: Changing screen look [message #7865 is a reply to message #7864] Mon, 12 August 2024 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When you say the look has changed, do you mean the look on my website or the version which you downloaded?

Re: Changing screen look [message #7866 is a reply to message #7865] Mon, 12 August 2024 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I mean the look on your website. I like it. I find it better than the old one and I wanted to have the same look for my application.
Re: Changing screen look [message #7867 is a reply to message #7866] Tue, 13 August 2024 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When you reported "the look has changed" I assumed that you meant the version of the software which you had installed on your own server, not the version which was running on my server.

You can change the look of your own application simply by replacing the CSS files with custom versions. There are some other versions available for demonstration purposes in the download.

That changed look on my website was because I was testing my responsive web add-in for my commercial application where the users want the option to access the application on tablets or mobile phones as well as desktops. It is enabled simply by installing a new directory, with its contents, called 'responsive-web'. This means that the new look can be turned ON or OFF at will as it is not replacing CSS and javascript files, it is accessing them from a different location.

This responsive web option is currently available only to those with a commercial licence as it was constructed for my own commercial application.

Re: Changing screen look [message #7868 is a reply to message #7867] Tue, 13 August 2024 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for the information. It's a shame that the new look is only available for commercial use, but it's understandable.

To change the look is described in the documentation 'The use of Cascading Style Sheets within Radicore', isn't it?

But changing my style_custom.css doesn't change the look of my application. Where is my fault?
Re: Changing screen look [message #7869 is a reply to message #7868] Wed, 14 August 2024 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Changing style_custom.css simply makes minor tweaks to the major CSS file which is currently in force, which can be changed using the Theme/Style value in the Update Session Data screen. The options in this dropdown list point to the different files in the CSS directory. You can either choose one of these existing files or make one of your own.

Re: Changing screen look [message #7870 is a reply to message #7869] Thu, 15 August 2024 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you very much. But the default theme is still the most beautiful for me.
Re: Changing screen look [message #7871 is a reply to message #7870] Thu, 15 August 2024 04:25 Go to previous message
I am aware that the other themes look a bit gaudy, but they are just examples to show how the look can be changed without amending any of the core code. You are completely free to supply your own alternatives should you wish to do so.

Previous Topic: Output/open stored pdf-file
Next Topic: Introduction to the Radicore framework
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 24 03:19:58 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01286 seconds