Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Bug Reports » Problem with utf-8/Serbian(Latin)
Re: Problem with utf-8/Serbian(Latin) [message #1277 is a reply to message #1276] Tue, 04 March 2008 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
This is very strange. I have tried it on my development PC using the XAMPLE subsystem to create a new 'option' record with an id of 'serbian' and a description of 'šđžčćŠĐŽČĆ'. After creating the record it returns to the list screen without a problem, and I can page back and forth through the entries without any problems.

However, when I log on to Radicore and try to do the same thing with the demonstration system I see the behaviour which you describe. I am using the same versions of PHP and MySQL, so something else which is different between the two installations must be causing this error. The only differences are:
- my PC is running Windows XP without the Zend Accelerator
- the Radicore site is running linux with the Zend Accelerator

I will have to investigate further to find out what is causing this, but without the ability to duplicate this error on my development PC it is going to be difficult.

FYI my method of dealing with all the different languages is to use the UTF8 character set throughout:
- I set default_charset to 'UTF-8' in the htaccess file.
- after connecting to the database I use the query "SET names 'UTF8'" to define the character set for the connection.
- all databases, tables and columns have the collation set to 'utf8_unicode_ci'.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Radicore v1.33.0/Search sort problem
Next Topic: Problem in Delete Operation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 18 03:24:08 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00924 seconds