Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Application Development » Help/suggestions with record filtering by user
Re: Help/suggestions with record filtering by user [message #1439 is a reply to message #1435] Thu, 10 July 2008 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
bonzo_bcn is currently offline  bonzo_bcn
sure it doesn't do what I want out of the box, I didn't expect that Smile
I'm trying a workaround, but I'm stuck here, maybe you can help:
When a school creates a person I use _cm_post_insertRecord to automatically insert a record in pers_school_xref with the person_id and the user_role, this way I know that the users that have that user_role can see the records.

The problem arises when a second school wants to create the same person, I'm trying to find a way in that no data is inserted in the person table, but a record is created in pers_school_xref with the person_id and the second school user_role.

I've tried to use _cm_post_insertRecord to check if the record exists, and if it does, then insert a record in pers_school_xref and launch an error message 'Person allready created' so that the person is not inserted again, but it is asigned to this school, the problem is that it rollbacks the insert in pers_school_xref.
Is there a way to save the record in pers_school_xref but not in person when a school tries to insert in person table?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message