Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Use the ADD5 template
Re: Use the ADD5 template [message #1580 is a reply to message #1572] Thu, 28 August 2008 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gpatti is currently offline  gpatti
Thanks Tony - I used a debugger and found my mistake. I had deleted an incorrect relationship but needed to regenerate the php for the ADD5 transaction as that was still using the old relationship.

However, I still having difficulty achieving the functionality I want - hoping you might be able to provide some pointers. I'm learning how to use the framework fast, but this one has stumped me.

I want to be able to retrieve data from a table using a key and list it (that part is easy). I then want to be able to select some of the rows (prob with the select box) and change some of the data on those rows - then INSERT those rows back into the table with a new key.

I suspect it's not going to be possible exactly as I've described, but maybe it could be done in two stages:

1. INSERT...SELECT.... to insert the rows using one key to another
2. Retrieve the new rows based on the new key and perform updates/deletes as necessary

I suppose the main question is whether it is possible to create a transaction that will work with an InSERT...SELECT... statement.

Any ideas?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: pickup subdir from table and put into upload_subdir
Next Topic: Display of task description