Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Bug Reports » Losing $where when fixed selection is not present
Re: Losing $where when fixed selection is not present [message #2270 is a reply to message #2242] Mon, 17 August 2009 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gpatti is currently offline  gpatti
I actually run the output2 task from a list1 transaction based on the cost_group table.

The user can set their charges by selecting cost_groups and entering a list2 task:
The outer table is cost_group (key cost_group_id)
The inner table is cost_group_charge (key rdcaccount_id and cost_group_id + a couple of others)

The intention was for users to be able to print a full scale of charges for all cost groups by running the output2 task from the list1 without making any selections, and this works fine.

However, I can't prevent a user making a selection in the list1 screen before clicking the output2 button, and this is when it goes wrong.

Because of the unusual scenario linking tables, one without rdcaccount_id, maybe it isn't worth the effort of getting the framework to handle this automatically. However, I need to ba able to code to prevent the wrong data being presented to the users, hence the suggestion in my latest post.

Further to this, the output2 task is based on the inner table, but the button is placed on the list1 screen of the outer table.

[Updated on: Mon, 17 August 2009 09:58]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: isnull clause being filtered out of $where with scriptNext()
Next Topic: Recover Password is encrypted
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 00:44:55 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07799 seconds