Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Transaction Patterns » Virtual Private Database and List 2 pattern (Entries from child table not visible)
Virtual Private Database and List 2 pattern [message #4194] Mon, 02 June 2014 10:48 Go to previous message
htManager is currently offline  htManager
Hi Tony,

I am struggling with the implementation of the virtual private database system as you discribed in Implementing Virtual Private Databases and I have problems with a list 2 pattern.

I also read your article Technical Keys - their Uses and Abuses and I followed your proposal to avoid technical keys when possible.
I created tables with up to six or seven columns as Primary key. I don't know if this is the best way but all the tables are related in a one to many relation. (Cascading)

I mention this because the first colomn of these tables is always the field rdcaccount_id which is used for account access or shared access.
You described how to deal with a list 1 pattern and this works fine in my application, I see all the occourences made by a special account.
But if I want to see an account occurence in a list 2 form, I only see the entries of the shared account.

I inserted the code in the _getData() function after the code for checking the primary key:

if ($this->checkPrimaryKey AND !$this->allow_empty_where) {
// check that full primary key (or candidate key) has been supplied

I also tried inserting the code at the end of the function - same result.

So please, can you tell me where to insert the code at the right place?

Best regards,

Juergen

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message