Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » LIST3 linked from LIST1 (LIST3: As I scroll through the parents, or children, the grandchild does not change)
Re: LIST3 linked from LIST1 [message #4823 is a reply to message #4819] Fri, 10 July 2015 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
rafs wrote on Thu, 09 July 2015 21:55

I thought that the point of defining the relationships in the data dictionary was to handle these linking fields for me? When I defined the child relationships for the parent tables, it explicitly asks me to specify which field in the junior table is the foreign key to the primary key of the senior table, so this mapping should be handled automatically by the framework, no?

Not quite correct. This dictionary information can be used when including JOINs into an SQL query as the code iterates through ALL the parent_relation entries. This is documented in Using Parent Relations to construct sql JOINs. When receiving a $where string from another object I do not know which table this came from or which of the possible relationships to use.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How to bulk import my users into Radicore?
Next Topic: How to change the screen title of a list1 task
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 24 18:26:40 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.79556 seconds