Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Update 4
Re: Update 4 [message #898 is a reply to message #897] Tue, 03 July 2007 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
You could always try it and see, but my personal approach would be different. After selecting the source I would activate a MULTI4 screen which would show me the source directory at the top (outer/parent) with the files within that directory at the bottom (inner/child). The interesting aspect to the MULTI4 is that it allows updates to both the parent and child entities, so in the source area you could also select the destination.

After selecting entries from the files (inner/child) area I would then have a navigation button which used an UPDATE4 to perform a specific action on the selected files.

This is made possible by the following tricks you can use within custom methods:

- in order to be able to have a "destination" field in the "source" area you can have code in the _cm_changeConfig() method which alters the contents of $this->fieldspec. You could have this as a popup or a dropdown depending on the number of possible entries.

- in order to make the contents of "destination" available in the "files" area as well as the "source" area when a button is pressed you would also need to add it to $this->fieldspec of the "files" class.

- when you press a navigation button the default behaviour is to pass the values from the primary keys of the selected records to the child screen, which I think in this case would be "source" and "filename". You can use the _cm_getPkeyNames() method to add "destination" to the list of primary key fields so that its value can be included in the selection string which is passed to the UPDATE4 script, which then has all the information it needs to perform the necessary processing.

How does that sound?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message